Missed posting last week as we were out-of-town. Very thankful for a chance to travel (via tour bus) to Washington, D.C. and watch G and the rest of the high school band march in the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade.
Gratitude From Our Trip:
- Safe travels there and back
- Great bus drivers and tour guides
- Great weather especially on the day of the parade (though I do wish I’d thought about sunscreen)
- The chance to see so many amazing sites in our nation’s capitol.
- Including an up close view of the back of the White House during a garden tour event we just stumbled on….thankful for being in the right place at the right time.
- The amazing high school band students and the level of good manners, kindness, and respect they showed. (Enough so that their guide reached out to our high school principal to compliment them, something she said she’d only done one other time in her 9 years working as a guide).
Gratitude From Days Back At Home:
- Arriving home to find my own tulips blooming!
- Getting to spend time with my preschool kids again. Nothing warms my heart more than hugs and a few “Where were you?” or my personal favorite, “I thought you were never going to come back!”
- Finally a good night’s sleep last night, thanks to a few thunderstorms rolling through our area. No better sleep music than some light spring storms.
- Kansas City traffic, I don’t think I’d last in the D.C. area (and I didn’t even have to do any driving!)
- My own personal bathroom and not having to wait in line for it.
So much more to share about our trip (I’ll do that in blog posts soon) but Easter is Sunday and brunch as always is here. Need to cut this short so I can start getting the house company ready. There’s that extra “we just got back from a trip” layer to address before I can even begin to clean.
What things are you grateful for this week?
Joining in with the I Like Thursdays hosted by LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. Hop over and give her a visit!