- It’s the last week of the boys’ summer vacation and I worked on Monday and work this afternoon as well. Ugh. I’ve also turned down two chances to work next Monday now. I’m trying very hard to protect my time on the final day of their break. I’ve improved so much but saying no is still very hard for me.
- Last week J and I went to Kansas City Zoo with a friend mainly to see their new Penguin exhibit. They did a nice job on the exhibit.
I still preferred to view animals outdoors. For some reason the boys spent a long time watching the flamingos. I do think they are prettier than the penguins but then again, it is no secret snow and ice aren’t my favorites.
- I have an idea of a 31 Days topic for October. I’m really excited about doing it again despite my huge failure with my first attempt. How many days did I last? Um, it wasn’t 31. I think will finish the 31 days this time.
- My husband was out-of-town on a fishing trip, G was gone on his mission trip, and J had a friend spending the night so I attempted to rent myself a “chick flick” movie. I picked Winter’s Tale. Oh my. It was awful. It was so awful that I watched it again and made my husband watch it with me when he returned because you know misery loves company. Actually, knowing it was awful made watching the second time fun.
- I’m battling ants and leaf hopper bugs on my sunflowers. I’m the crazy neighbor lady who is spraying her sunflowers with a pink spray-bottle (a drop of Dawn and water, nothing toxic here) and yelling at the ants who keep adding aphids into the mix that “these flowers are not your farm!” I’m still waiting for a sunflower to bloom. One was very close and then something knocked the bud off of it. May have been a cat but I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. Something also ate two of my sunflower plants I had on the side of the house down to nothing. I went to water them one day and they were simply gone!
- J had two friends spend the night in two days last week (while G was on his mission trip), my nephew spent the night Monday into Tuesday, and now another friend is spending the night tonight. I think we need school to start so we can all get some rest! Have to pack it all in though.
I must admit I’m looking forward to a return to the routine the school year will bring even if I’m not quite ready to give up my boys to their schools quite yet.