Welcome to Small Project Day, a new blog feature for 2015. Should I confess this idea came from a pizza? A local pizza place that we love but don’t eat every single week or all that often really. Once a week though they do have something called small pizza night. The pizzas are bigger than a Pizza Hut pan pizza but not so large that I would think nothing of it if you were super hungry and ate the entire thing.
Am I going to continue with this awful metaphor and say organizing and cleaning is like pizza? Of course, I am. You have to tackle organizing (and cleaning) the same as eating pizza…one piece at a time! Each Wednesday around here in 2015 is going to be Small Project Day where I am going to commit to completing at least one small project and invite you to join me.
What kind of small project counts? Any type of small organizing or cleaning project that you need to complete. It just must be a project you can complete. Not a huge clean out the entire closet kind of project. One shelf in a closet would work though.
My hope is spending one day a week working on small projects will slowly chip away at the large overwhelming level of disorganization I feel around here. I also think I’ll do better with small, manageable projects that I can actually finish. My goals for small project Wednesdays will be to not start any projects that I cannot finish and only one project at a time! I’m sure that is common sense for many but a struggle for me and maybe others?
So what are the small projects on my list for our first Small Project Day here?
- Add the boys’ school schedule (days off) and my work schedule to the calendar on my new fancy phone (Christmas gift…I’ve joined the century!) and small planner I take to work.
- Take down the small 2014 wall calendar that is back here by the desk.
- Put away the remaining Christmas decorations (they are down but need to be properly put away)
- Clean off the kitchen table. I’m not sure this counts as a small project but it hasn’t been clean since before Christmas.
- Clean off out one shelf in the freezer. I plan to have the dinner rolls in there tonight so I may as well see what else the shelf holds and how we can use it or if it needs tossed.
- Try one more time to get this Bloglovin thing to work and recognize my blog:
Hopefully, I get all these small projects completed today but I am going to stick to the idea of not starting them if I don’t think I can finish them. Next Wednesday, I’ll share how it went along with my small project for that day.
Let me know in the comments if you’ll be joining me for small project day today or in the future and what small projects are on your list.