Here are 5 strange things I clean when the spring cleaning bug bites me. Usually, when the spring cleaning bug bites, I tend to go shopping and wear myself out buying cleaning supplies. Is it just me?
However, sometimes, the feeling simply will not go away. Seems to be the case this year. I have the counter full of cleaning supplies to prove it. I thought it would be fun to share 5 strange things I clean with you in this post since I am in no way qualified to write any type of post on spring cleaning (or any other type of cleaning if I’m honest).
I do like to get out my Clorox wipes and go to town on occasion. I think these are 5 strange things to clean but perhaps you’ll say, everybody cleans those.
The 5 Strange Things I Clean:
- My liquid soap dispensers! I’m not talking about fancy ceramic dispensers. I mean I take a Clorox wipe to the outside of my Method foam soap dispensers every time (which is not often enough) I clean the bathrooms. I always think of dirty hands touching the top of the pump and yuck, let’s clean it.
- The outside of my mailbox. We happen to live where the mailbox is close to the front door and not in a community box or out by the road. I might feel differently in those circumstances or I would probably just carry my wipes out there with me. I do this as a favor to both the mailman and our family so we don’t spread more germs around.
- The inside and outside of my kids’ lunchboxes. I’ve always given tried to give them a good wipe down every week but after working at a preschool and seeing kids sit their lunch boxes on the floor and swing them around, I am a bit more serious about it.
- Telephones, Remote Controls, Game Control Devices, and basically, anything with buttons or keys. Looking at my keyboard right now and thinking, I may have to take a break from writing this post.
- Trash cans. Since we line our trash cans with bags, I don’t clean them as often but I do give them a good spray down with Lysol every time I switch out the trash bags especially the ones in the bathrooms and kitchen.
Do you have any strange things you clean in addition to the above? I’d love to hear about them. I have a cabinet full of cleaning supplies I need to use.