Today’s tiny tip on a Thursday post is just a reminder to myself and to you. You can accomplish quite a lot more than you think in just five minutes!
I confess I’ve been having motivation problems for longer than just today or this week or honestly, this month even. Today for some reason I hit a tipping point and HAD to do something about the state of this house.
I went back to basics. I knew I couldn’t do much since I had already wasted too much time on-line and had to work later this morning. I decided to go back to setting the timer and working for just 5 minutes in each room.
In FIVE minutes I did the following in each room in our house:
- Made the Bed
- Cleaned The Mirror
- Emptied The Trash, sprayed trash can with Lysol, put in new trash bag
- Cleaned, wiped off sink
- Sprayed cleaner in the toilet
- Changed out the hand towel
- Unloaded dishwasher
- Loaded Dishwasher and started it
- Cleared off couch (always covered with kids and my stuff)
- Put away paper shredder
- Sprayed air freshener
- Bonus: Sprayed air freshener in all rooms!
- Cleaned Mirror
- Cleaned Sink and Back of Toilet
- Emptied trash, sprayed can with Lysol, and added new bag
- Put away all my “products” with the exception of still hot curling iron
- Wiped off really dirty area of floor that has been bothering me all week
- Recycled empty soap container, added new full one
It doesn’t seem like much but the house feels so much better (and so do I!) with just those little five-minute actions in each room.
I planned to write and share this post in just 5 minutes but it actually took me closer to 10 minutes. Still, not very long at all!
What can you accomplish in 5 minutes? I bet it