Sometimes it’s a struggle to find the happy on a homemaker Monday. It’s the first day of Daylight Saving Time. I’m tired.
I still plan to join in with Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday. Lately, it seems to be the only post I can manage with any consistency.
It’s cold, cloudy, and overcast making it still feel dark although the daylight has finally arrived. I started cleaning the house but had to stop and go pick up a sick kid. Last week, I ended up sick and then, working. This may be another long week.
There’s late to the party and then there’s this winter. Seriously, there comes a time when you are going to be so late to the party that you should just stay home. Our winter didn’t learn that lesson. It snowed over the weekend although it has all melted away now.
It’s 26 degrees this morning. Our highs are supposed to be in the low 40s all week until the weekend when spring type weather returns with highs in the 60s. Last week we had a thunderstorm, weather almost warm enough to go swimming, followed by a Saturday snow. Who knows what we’ll get this week.
On My Reading Pile
Nothing. I really need to get to the library!
Movies or Television Shows I Watched This Weekend
I watched Batman vs Superman. It was okay. A little slow-moving, I thought. Also, a bit too dark for my taste. I like happier super heroes, I guess. Also, I’m still working my way through The X-Files. Oh, and I caught a little bit of Steve Harvey’s Little Big Shots show which I really enjoyed plus Chicago Justice, nothing new there but still a fair enjoyable drama.
On My TV
Probably just the usual again, The Voice and The Flash.
Since I ended up sick last week, our menu didn’t really go as planned. They seldom do but this one ended up a bit more off course than usual.
MONDAY: Ham steak, baked sweet potato, dinner rolls, jello
WEDNESDAY: Chicken and noodles (from freezer), Chicken noodle soup for J
THURSDAY: *I work until 4:30 and G has a band concert* Probably OUT
FRIDAY: *I work until 4:30* Something green for St. Patrick’s Day? Taco salads? With Guacamole?
- Wash all bedding (in progress)
- Call/register G for Driver’s Education and ask about summer school for J
- Spring break planning (still)
- Clean house
- Grocery store
- Clean out fridge (didn’t happen last week, MUST happen today)
- Go to library, return books, get new, still need to check on book they think I didn’t turn in
- Go to Dollar Tree and Target
- Go back to bed (wishful thinking)
- Clean off my dresser
Right now I’m focused on trying to do a bit of spring cleaning or even just regular cleaning…
Happening This Week
- I work Thursday and Friday, I’m trying to stick to ONLY working those 2 days, reminding myself I’m the sub and I get to say “no” when things are going on or my own kids are sick
- G has a band concert
- Summer school enrollment, they changed middle school elective options and J wants to go so he can have 2 electives next year (he’d take PE over the summer). I need to call and see how it all works: if he’d just go for PE or it would be a whole day.
- St. Patrick’s Day. I doubt we’ll do anything for it outside of wearing and/or eating some green.
Looking Around The House
Lots of laundry. That’s my focus for today. Also, lots of cleaning. I’m craving that fresh, spring-cleaned start to the inside of our house.
From The Camera
Another blah week in regards to me picking up the camera. Not feeling good didn’t help my motivation much. The little blue flowers covering most of the front yard have arrived early this year (like everything else):
What I’m Wearing Today
Purple hooded sweatshirt, black pants, and tennis shoes
Would it be too trite to say waking up in daylight? Daylight! I like the night also. I just like the night to be at night and the day to be during the day. By the way, Daylight Saving Time ends on November 5, 2017 if you are curious.
Quote For The Week
May Your Home Be Always Too Small To Hold Your Friends. (Irish Toast)
Catching up with a few of my favorite blogs should also be on my to-do list up there. What’s on your to-do list this week?