The boys’ spring break technically started on Friday but today starts the first full week of it. It was so nice to wake up to the sounds of rain and a purring cat rather than an alarm this morning.
The only ones awake so far this morning are my husband, myself, and the cat. The boys are all still sleeping. It is rather peaceful and quiet in the house for a few more minutes. I’m going to use my time to join my post with Sandra from Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom.
Rainy and rather cold this morning (46 degrees). It’s supposed to rain on and off all week but the temperatures will be a bit warmer in the upper 50s and low 60s at least.
On My Reading Pile
I finally made it to the library! I felt quite vindicated when the librarian went and pulled the “lost” book off their shelves.
Since I was dealing with time constraints and still not feeling 100%, I only had time to grab one book to take home. I started reading The End of Oz by Danielle Page. It’s the final segment in her Dorothy Must Die series. It’s not proving to be the page turner the previous novels were but perhaps it will improve as I read along.
Movies or Television Shows I Watched This Weekend
My teenager agreed to accompany me to the movies to see “a tale as old as time” (If you don’t sing the rest of that, I’m no longer sure about you.) We both thought Beauty And The Beast was a really good movie.
It’s my favorite of the Disney animated movies so I was quite relieved they didn’t ruin it. G and I agreed only Emma Watson could have pulled off the role of Belle. As far as the controversy surrounding a certain “moment” in the movie, we were both puzzled. We both saw silliness but nothing worthy of any hoopla no matter where you fall on such issues.
I also watched all the Jason Bourne movies. Yes, again. I did fall asleep during the newest one, my “I’m sick” treat from Target. I’ll probably re-watch it today.
On My TV
Hopefully, I won’t watch too much TV during our spring break week but do plan to catch The Flash.
Being sick last week (and it’s still lingering, ugh!), really threw off my menu plan. Spring break this week will likely do the same. Still, it helps to have a plan in place even if we don’t end up following it.
MONDAY: Seems like a good day for spaghetti.
TUESDAY: Pancakes and sausage
WEDNESDAY: Chili (supposed to be another all day rainy day)
THURSDAY: Chicken enchiladas (Mini-tacos for my husband and J)
FRIDAY: OUT (or leftovers depending on the day)
Since this sick stuff is lingering and it’s spring break, I’m still not making a huge list. I didn’t even really accomplish anything off last week’s shorter list except the school conferences.
- Pay bills
- Put sweaters away (carry over from last week)
- Clean out fridge of old food. My husband has lots of great qualities but using up what’s actually in the fridge is not one of them.
- Plan some day trips (I’m hoping to be 100% by the end of the week!)
- Clean up bedroom a bit
- Go to Dollar Tree
Still mulling over what I could put on our front door.
Happening This Week
- Spring break for the boys! My work is on spring break as well for the first part of the week so no phone calls. Hooray! I’m also not planning on working the last two days of the week and think I conveyed that to the teachers.
- I’m getting my hair permed on Thursday. I’m a bit nervous but I need a change.
- G had friends over last night and J will probably have a friend over some time this week as well.
- Hopefully, some day trips! My husband took the week off thinking we were going out-of-town and then I got sick. The kids, while not happy I got so sick, were happy to stay home. SIGH. How did I end up surrounded by all these homebody types?
Looking Around The House
Thanks to my husband, it’s in pretty good shape.
From The Camera
I’ve decided to challenge myself to take at least one picture every day this week. I really need to get back to taking photos. Want to join me?
Here’s one from after it rained on Saturday (or maybe Sunday). I was trying to capture the raindrops on the plant.
What I’m Wearing Today
Sage green long-sleeved tee-shirt, black pants, my “summer” socks (because I’m a rebel), and tennis shoes.
Standing outside and listening to the birds chirps. Just being outside but really listening to the sounds of it as well.
Quote For The Week
If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere. (Vincent Van Gogh)
Are you enjoying a spring break this week as well? What are your plans for the week ahead?