Thought I would do a What’s Going on Wednesday post. Maybe it will help motivate me. Anyone else having motivation issues this week?
The entire week so far (we’re halfway through it!) has felt a bit like a long uphill climb. If each of those steps in that photo above were an item on my to-do list, I’d be standing on the bottom one. Still.
I thought maybe sitting down to share a post would help me over the hurdle of my procrastination.
What’s Going On This Last Wednesday In November:
- While I got a break this time, the boys both came back sick from Thanksgiving. J stayed home from school today. The school probably already mailed my nasty letter regarding his attendance. The kid has straight A’s so I’m not really all that concerned.
- I made cranberry sauce yesterday. Just for me. I missed it at Thanksgiving. Not one to complain (much) but the canned stuff is nasty. Tried not to be too miffed that when I offered to bring it, family said the good kind would be there. It wasn’t. Turns out it freezes so I’m all set for Christmas at least.
- My fall decor is sitting in a big pile on the sofa and on top of the bookcase beside it. I need to take it downstairs. Put the Christmas tree up and half-decorated it on Sunday evening. The tubs still sit in the living room.
- G said he’d add his special ornaments on December 1st. And when he had his own tree (if he even bothered) when he was an adult, it wouldn’t go up until at least December 15th. Teenagers! Apparently, I put the tree up too early for their tastes.
- I still need to clean the house and gather items for the charity truck. That job feels even more daunting than the staircase on the trail. Feels more like this:
- Blog business? Work? Fun? Not sure what I want to call it. Have a few e-mails that need replies, long-overdue replies. Some very kind offers but since I do this for fun and not profit, I will likely decline most. Some posts percolating in my brain: a half-written one regarding hard holidays, a fun Christmas movie list (we tend to favor offbeat movies over the classics), and the story of our Elf on the Shelf.
What does your path look like this week?