Happy 2018! I’m not really making resolutions with this post so much as simply making a list of things I’d like to do in the new year. We can still call it the new year if we’re only ten days into it, right?
When I wrote my post on the 18 books I’d like to read in 2018, I referenced this podcast post (and I even listened to it!) over on Gretchen Rubin’s site. Today, I’ve decided to share my 18 with you.
My 18 Items For 2018:
- Read (at least) 18 books
- Lose 18 pounds
- Get a new kitchen table
- Guard my heart from negativity and drama (sorry, I know it’s vague)
- Clean out the basement
- Clean out the inside of the computer desk
- Add another garden area to the front yard
- Buy fresh flowers for the table once a month
- Post a Happy Homemaker Monday post every week
- Do one thing each month to get ready for next Christmas
- Complete a sugar-free challenge
- Join in the
monthlyweekly Facebook group photography challenges at Live, Love, Snap
- Go on a fun summer vacation, maybe a return to Colorado or South Dakota
- Make our house feel like a home again (vague again, I know…)
- Walk in another 5K
- Clean my email inbox out monthly (prefer weekly but I’m being realistic)
- Get rid of 18 things we don’t love/use each month (4-5 things a week)
- Go on at least 2 nature walks/outdoor bird-watching adventures a month
As you can tell, some of my items are super concrete and others are a bit vague and more ideals than actual things to check off on a list. Do I think I’ll actually do all the things on this list? Probably not but hopefully, I’ll do more of them than if I hadn’t bothered to make a list at all.
I may blog here and there about the items listed as the year continues. And it may take me more than one try (ahem, my first sugar-free challenge of the year may have ended in a blazing chocolate coated defeat) to complete some of these items.
What do you think of the idea of making a list of 18 things for 2018? Would you or have you made one? I’d love to hear what’s on your list!