The snow talk started with the Sunday news. More talk about it on Monday. Even Tuesday morning, they were still optimistic.
- The grocery store seemed full and the patrons were acting nutty. The cashier asked me if Minnesota won the Superbowl. Um, what? No, they weren’t in it. (Yep, it’s definitely going to snow, I thought to myself).
- In the afternoon, I made the boys go get their dad’s birthday cards because the roads would most likely be bad later.
- A cup of coffee at Mom’s Night Out (Actually, I had a smoked butterscotch latte, and no, you don’t want to see the nutrition stats on that one. Yikes!) because I had to get out since we’d probably be stuck at home on Tuesday night and Wednesday.
- Made myself get up and run the rest of my small errand list because the snow eta was about 2p.m. Grumbled to myself how I’d be picking up a teenager from school right in the middle of that.
- Started a crisis cleaning of the house about noon since the kids would likely be home on a snow day today and I dislike cleaning around people.
- Don’t care for drama but a little found its way into my day as I went to pick up my high school kid and he didn’t show. Frustrated, went home, noticed he forgot his phone. Waited wondering when to panic when he finally did show. Next time, please, borrow a phone and CALL ME. A simple misunderstanding, he thought I was working and I thought he needed a ride. Too much drama and stress for my day. Still no snow.
- News now says IF it snows, it won’t start until 6p.m. or later but most likely it will go north of us. And it did.
- Everyone’s at work or school
- My hot chocolate ingredients sit untouched (perhaps, I’ll make a batch this weekend) but we’ve been eating the cinnamon rolls all week.
- Looks like I’ll get to continue my crisis/deep cleaning of the house for tomorrow (Husband’s birthday so we’ll have some family over for cake)
My oldest son says he’d settle for a late start at this point just he could sleep in one day. Not me, I want a full on snow day with pretty blanket of white snow covering everything. Just one. There’s another chance of snow this weekend but I’m not getting too excited (yet).
What about you? Do you like a little snow now and then?