Happy Homemaker Monday, The Sunday Afternoon Edition

Since I am working early tomorrow, I thought I’d write my post today.

My workday starts early tomorrow at 7:15a.m.  Although it’s only a half-day tomorrow for me, I’m pretty sure I’ll come home in need of a nap.

Somehow, this week has a bit of a busy feel to it. I think it may just be me. It’s our first full week after spring break so back to official routines. I’m glad about it. And in need of a plan for it.

Breakfast Time…What Is On The Plate This Morning

I had a chocolate chip muffin, a few doughnut holes from the grocery store, a couple of slices of bacon, and coffee/hot chocolate.  Not the most healthy breakfast.

On My To-Do List

1. Go to grocery store before it starts snowing
  2. Write this post/plan meals for the week (In progress)
  3. Clean up e-mail in boxes, reply to a few
  4. Clean house (either tomorrow afternoon or Wed)
  5. Take boys for haircuts
  6. Pretend spring/summer might arrive and do a clothing inventory
  7. Take G to bank
  8. Check and make sure all events are in calendar for spring/end of school year

Currently Reading

I finally finished The Sentient Machine: The Coming Rise of Artificial Intelligence by Amir Husain! AND returned it to the library. New stack of books to settle down and read. I tore through The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins in one day. You can check out my reviews over on Good Reads if you want to know more of my thoughts on those two books.

Now, I’m hopping back and forth between reading The Naughty Nineties: The Triumph of the American Libido by David Friend and The Demon in the Freezer by Richard Preston.

On The TV This Week

I may or may not have watched enough Netflix over the weekend to see the message of shame (Are you still watching?) a few times. Finished the latest season of Better Call Saul. Watched a few more episodes of Heroes on Crackle TV. Need to make reading a priority this week to invigorate the brain cells, I think. Still, I will watch The Voice with my husband and The Flash if it’s a new one.

The Weather Outside Is

Quite confused. It’s snowing! Warmer days ahead (72 degrees on Thursday!?) followed by another cold weekend. Hopefully, no more snow after today but who knows.

On The Menu This Week

Want to break out of my menu rut (feels like we’re in one) this week. However, first let’s look at how we did last week:

MONDAY: Brunch leftovers, salad I think we may have had spaghetti this day

TUESDAY: Spaghetti can’t remember, I think my husband may have made dinner for us

WEDNESDAY: Pork Chops Brunch leftovers (by way of BBQ brisket sandwiches, fried potatoes, watermelon)

THURSDAY: Left-Overs, Clean Out The Fridge Bacon and biscuits (I had a salad)

FRIDAY: Chicken of some sort We ate at Sonic

Saturday: Hamburgers

Sunday (today): We’re having fish (crappie), maybe oven fried potato chips, and crunchy coleslaw

Hoping the menu goes a bit smoother this week and we’ll eat out a little less as well:

MONDAY: Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Verde *I work 7:15-11:30*

TUESDAY:  Meatball Parmesan Casserole   (I’ll probably make a side of spaghetti) *I work 8-4*

WEDNESDAY: Pork chops, sweet potatoes

THURSDAY:  Taco salads, rice  *I work 8:15-4:45*

FRIDAY:  Hot dogs on the grill, leftovers *I work 8-4*

If I Have A Few Minutes To Myself I Will

Read my library books on the cold days and get outside with the camera and do some bird-watching on the warmer days.

What I’m Knitting, Sewing, or Creating

Nada. Need to change this one.

New Recipe I Tried Or Want To Try This Week

The Meatball Parmesan Casserole.

Favorite Photo From The Camera

Pretty blah week for photos around here…I did play with the close-up setting on the camera a bit

Not exactly a quote but I’ve had this song stuck in my head all day….

Make Your Own Kind of Music (Mama Cass Elliot)

And suddenly, I think I need to re-watch Lost.

****

Don’t forget to hop over and visit our host, Sandra at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom and the other great bloggers participating in the link-up!

22 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, The Sunday Afternoon Edition

1. Phil

For someone so not organised you seem to have not only a schedule, but a well thought out plan to survive your days. I did wonder about “crappie”. Over here that would be something very unpleasant.

Thanks, we will see how well it goes in actual motion. Ha! “Crappie in these parts is pronounced with the short o sound, don’t you just love our language? So croppie although I do believe they pronounce it the other way in some southern states. It’s a freshwater fish related to the sunfish and has a mild flavor, not very fishy tasting. Hope you have a great week!

Ha! The word crap here also is not something most functioning people would eat although I think I’ve heard it used to describe some of my dinner failures 😉

2. Betty Crow

Love the song and the beautiful pics. I hope your menu plan goes well for you this week. I tried planning during the month of feb and march, but probably only served the scheduled item half the time. I guess I’m more of a fly-by-the-seat of your pants kind of gal. Have a great week.

Thank you. My meal plans seldom follow the schedule (today is no exception as I came home and took a longer nap than I planned and so the crock pot is empty). I do like to know I have the ingredients on hand for the meals I planned. Also, helps on those “what should we have for dinner nights?” Hope you have a great week as well!

3. Joanna Unbehaun

I love your pictures! Also, my oldest absolutely loves The Flash.
    The weather here is absolutely nuts too.
    Snow today, 70 on Friday!
    Have a great week

Thank you. She’s probably excited like I am then that it’s finally a new episode on Tuesday night. Let’s hope a proper spring (without any more snow) arrives soon for us both!

I don’t really feel all that busy other than working a bit more than the past few weeks. Oh, a camera zoom lens and a bit of patience are my secrets 😉 Hope you have a great week!

4. Stacy

Your photos are absolutely beautiful! It seems like everyone is having crazy weather this week, haha! I’m so ready for spring! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Thank you! It was more like summer here today (and I managed to get a very slight sunburn even) but Sunday shows another chance of snowflakes, crazy weather indeed. Hope your week has been terrific so far!

Thank you! It’s been a bit of a long week but not awful, today was pretty good 🙂 The weather even cooperated! Hope your week has been great so far!

Thank you! I always think I’m going to get organized and then, things change and I feel like I end up with everything more chaotic than the start of my plans. Someday…

5. Rebecca L Knox

I hear you, Jean! Full day…half day…it doesn’t make much difference here either. At the end of it, I’m tired. LOL! Love the picture of the milkweed seeds! They’re one of my favorites! And we don’t have the same kind of seed pods here as we did back home. Would like to get my hands on some of them at some point. Have a blessed rest of the week! <3
    Rebecca L Knox recently posted..Happy Homemaker Monday – April 9, 2018My Profile

Tired at the end of a long week as well, this one really got away from me. I think the milkweed we have around here is called swamp milkweed. What do you have by you? Maybe we can trade? Hope you had a fantastic week and are having a great Saturday so far (the cold weather found us again this morning).

6. carrie@northwoods scrapbook

Howdy Jean! Hope you’re crazy weather is calming down! I feel like I tend to get stuck in a menu rut too. Guess families get their favorites and they go on repeat. I loved seeing that you had crappie! I remember catching them at my grandparents lake and having a fish fry along with sunnies and perch 😉

I taped the movie Girl on a TRain but haven’t watched it yet. Hope it’s as good as you like the book! Love the pretty flower pics. Have a great rest of the week Sweetie! xoxo
    carrie@northwoods scrapbook recently posted..Mini German Puff PancakesMy Profile

Hope spring is going to stick around for us both soon. It was super nice (even hot yesterday) during our week but it’s cold and misting this morning with another chance for snow tomorrow! Guess it isn’t calming down any time soon. Keep meaning to go get that movie from Red box or somewhere to see how it compares to the book. Hope you’ve had a terrific week!