It’s June! June signals the halfway point of the year. Can you believe we’re there?
Thought I should check in on my list of 18 things I wanted to do this year…
My 18 Items For 2018 Update:
- Read (at least) 18 books: I’ve read 9 of them. Plus given myself permission to take one book I just couldn’t make it through off the list!
- Lose 18 pounds: Yeah, ongoing struggle with this one.
- Get a new kitchen table: Not yet
- Guard my heart from negativity and drama (sorry, I know it’s vague): Work in progress
- Clean out the basement: Um…should probably get start on this one
- Clean out the inside of the computer desk: See number 5
- Add another garden area to the front yard: Lots of ideas, might wait until fall and use bulbs
- Buy fresh flowers for the table once a month: Doing pretty good with this one
- Post a Happy Homemaker Monday post every week: Another good one!
- Do one thing each month to get ready for next Christmas: I’m still a last-minute shopper
- Complete a sugar-free challenge: Did this around lent, need to try again
- Join in the
monthlyweekly Facebook group photography challenges at Live, Snap, Love: Not very good at keeping up with them and definitely not brave enough to post my challenge pictures yet
- Go on a fun summer vacation, maybe a return to Colorado or South Dakota: Visited Duluth, Minnesota! Post about our fun trip coming maybe tomorrow or Friday.
- Make our house feel like a home again (vague again, I know…): My focus for the rest of the summer
- Walk in another 5K: Hoping to find something in the fall
- Clean my email inbox out monthly (prefer weekly but I’m being realistic): Been keeping up with this in spurts. After letting it pile up to over 1000 e-mails, I’ve been more inclined to delete things regularly
- Get rid of 18 things we don’t love/use each month (4-5 things a week): Falling a bit short
- Go on at least 2 nature walks/outdoor bird-watching adventures a month: I thought I’d do better in this category. Need to start actually making plans to do these
Did you make a list of items for the year? Are you making progress?