Time for a mid-summer check in on how the organized bucket list is going. Did organizing the list help?
The answer: It helped some but my summer bucket list is far from finished.
My list contains 50 items, 10 per category. So far….I’ve completed 12 items. Only 38 more items to go!
Oops. I did not expect to complete all the items but I’m still trying.
Most of the completed items hail from this category.
- Go on Family Vacation (We went to Duluth, MN!)
- Visit Family in Oklahoma (Last Weekend)
- Celebrate the Fourth of July With Family (We went to my niece’s house)
- Go swimming at the local pool
Around The House:
- Do tea towel/dish cloth inventory in kitchen (though I didn’t replace old ones as we had enough even with removing the yucky ones)
- Replace all or some shades (We replaced the shades in J’s room and the living room)
- Sit on the front porch (read my books there) ONGOING
- Embrace the slower pace of the days ONGOING on day’s off work
- Eat too much saltwater taffy (Definitely DONE)
Random Summer Things:
- Go out for snow cones/ice cream (We’ve had snow cones, joined in the free slurpee fun, and just last night had hot fudge sundaes from McDonald’s as it was national hot fudge sundae day)
Food And Drink:
- Make A Strawberry Ice Box Cake (We weren’t fans of this dessert.)
- Kool-Aid sherbet (Fun but it’s still sitting in the basement freezer)
Currently Working On The Following Items:
- Artwork/Interest on wall above kitchen sink. Decided to add a mural of a window because I want a window so a picture of a window would be the next best thing, right?
- Planning a visit down to Prairie State Park…soon
- Planning out a new garden area for the yard. Location decided. Now to determine plants
- Have an idea to stain the deck blue
We’ll see what happens as summer progresses. And I don’t want to discount the spontaneous unplanned summer fun. After all, some of those times are the best of summer. Movies, walks around the block, nice mornings spent outside at work, quiet afternoons at home.
Did you make a summer bucket list? How’s your list going? And remember summer doesn’t officially end until September 21st!
Don’t forget you can add your post (it can be about any thing summer related) to our weekly link up. You can find the one for this week by clicking here: