Happy Homemaker Monday, Happy Labor Day!

Labor Day signals the final four months of the year. I’m wondering how we got here. I feel like I fell asleep on a long road trip and woke up several miles later. Time to make a conscious effort to enjoy the scenery for the rest of the year!  And maybe figure out who’s driving the car, ha!

It’s also time for another Happy Homemaker Monday weekly planning post. A fun way to plan the week ahead and meet other bloggers and glance into their weeks. Be sure and check it out by hopping over to Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom, the blog of our host, Sandra.

On to the categories and planning the week in these parts…

The Weather In My Neck Of The Woods

Hot today, almost 90, then it cools off to the high 70’s to mid 80’s the rest of the week. With a slight chance of storms each day, it’s a “we don’t know” kind of forecast.

Things That Make Me Happy

When I manage to change something on the technical hosting side of my blog without breaking anything over here. Thank you, Google! It also makes me happy how seldom I have to go look at the hosting side.

Book I’m Reading

A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order by Richard Haass.

What’s On My TV Today

Not really sure. My husband was watching Troy on Netflix earlier but decided to turn it off for a while (it’s a long movie).

On The Menu For Dinner

It’s national baby back ribs day. Thinking of grabbing some of the already cooked ribs (regular ones) from the grocery store later. Or I might throw a roast in the crock pot (carry over from last week). Guess I could have typed I don’t have a clue.

MONDAY: See above

TUESDAY:  Something easy, maybe ham steaks and sweet potatoes  *I work 8-4:30* *G has evening band practice, maybe*

WEDNESDAY: Chicken strips, salad, maybe French fries in the oven

THURSDAY: Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad *G has early morning band practice*

FRIDAY: OUT

On My To Do List

1. Go to grocery store
  2. Clean off the top of this desk
  3. Laundry
  4. Work in garden areas, get some spring bulbs
  5. Get things ready for upcoming trip

New Recipe I Tried Or Want To Try Soon

If you’re a peanut butter cookie fan, make these peanut butter oatmeal cookies! So good I forgot to take any pictures of the ones I made before they disappeared.

In The Craft Basket

Nothing at the moment.

Looking Forward To This Week

Hopefully, the start of a slower pace for my work schedule.

Tips and Tricks

This is a good time to go buy extra school supplies, most of them are on clearance. I keep a bag filled with extra paper, notebooks, pens, and pencils so my boys can grab them if needed.

Photo Lesson Learned The Past Few Days

I’m going to give a real literal interpretation here.  For fun, I’ve been trying to learn Danish using the Duolingo site.  One of yesterday’s translations: Cats do not eat boys. (Whew! So good to know). By the way, it’s “Katte ikke spiser drenge” in Danish just in case you find yourself in need of soothing a Danish boy afraid of cats.

On My Mind

I think my goal for September is to go slow and work on cleaning the house.  One project a day (or week if my schedule’s crazy). Looking for that sense of accomplishment that spurs a little motivation to return soon.

Found this quote on the back of my 8th grader’s science syllabus and loved it.

“Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” (Nelson Mandela)

********

What’s on your agenda for the week ahead?

18 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Happy Labor Day!

1. Rebecca L Knox

Ahhahaha! Your posts are always so refreshing, Jean, and, sometimes, the make me chuckle right out loud. “Cats don’t eat boys!” That is a terribly important phrase that everyone should know just in case! 😀 Love it!!! Love the photos of butterfly on marigold and this week’s quote! Have a great day and wonderful week ahead, my friend! Time is moving on and summer’s almost over. Am looking forward to new adventures in the fall. Hope you find out who’s driving the car before then! LOL! Love you, Lady! Have a great day! <3

Thank you! I do wonder how they decided on what phrases to start with their translations. I know you are excited about the fall. Honestly, I’m ready for it as well I think…at least a return to some type of routines around here. Hope you’ve had a wonderful day and have a great week ahead!

2. Shellie

Oh how I loved the butterfly pictures! I truly hope you have an amazing week! I enjoyed stopping by and reading your blog. It never disappoints ! Hope you have a blessed week!

Thank you so much for all your kind words! Hoping to get more butterfly pictures if I can entice a few more to visit my butterfly garden in progress. Hope your week is wonderful!

3. Sandra

Well I’m certainly happy to know that cats don’t eat boys LOL I enjoy this time of year, much as I like summer, the cool temps and the back to routine is where I thrive.

Have a wonderful week 🙂

Yes, I was quite relieved to find that out as well. I admit I am looking forward to getting back to a bit of routine in the coming weeks. Hope you have a great week as well!

4. Stacy Duncan

Troy is one of my favorite movies haha! Also, I’m so glad to know cats don’t eat boys, since we have three cats and two boys they are outnumbered! Bahaha the things that they put on those websites! I agree that tis the season to stock up on school supplies! Hope you have a great week!

It seemed like a pretty good movie, just a super long movie. Yes, the translation phrases are funny. I keep saying I sure hope I get a chance to go to Denmark and point out all the people eating apples. LOL! Hope you have a great week as well!

Yes, I’m hoping it starts to slow down a bit so I can get out and get some bird pictures. Miss participating on the Bird D’Pot. Hope you have a great week ahead!

Haha! I’ve been wondering who’s driving the car too 🙂 Beautiful butterly pictures. I too aim for a slow week 🙂

Thank you! I’m sure it will cool off soon enough, then get hot again, then cool off again…well, that’s the typical weather around here anyway. Hope you have a wonderful week as well!

6. Beverly Meyers

Good to see you keeping up the blog. I seem to be in a tired phase. Of course, having to just think of taking George to 6 appointments this month makes me tired already. I agree with your idea of housecleaning. I need/want to do more to my house this month.

Just thinking about going to 6 (!) appointments would certainly put me in a tired phase as well. I’ve spent most the morning cleaning….I think it’s going to be like an archaeological dig with my house, who knows what I’m going to find in each layer! Hopefully, by Christmas, it will be a bit clean. Hope your week is going well so far.

I LOVE that butterfly photo – so pretty! Sorry I’m so late this week. I LOVE that you’re trying to learn a new language and I really am glad cats do not eat boys – HA HA I hope you had a GREAT week.

Thank you! Trying to learn is the key phrase there, my youngest keeps telling me it’s going to be hard because I’m so old, ha! It’s fun though.