Happy Homemaker Monday, How About Them Chiefs?

If you’re local to the Kansas City area, you’d have to be living under a rock to not know the Chiefs finally won a play-off game. And even then, you’d probably still know.

Great story here about a homeless man who helped a player get to the game on time.

The last time they won a play-off game was in 1994. Way before the existence of my blog. My marriage (I think I was possibly dating my husband) and my kids. So just a “few” years ago.  Our area is just a tiny bit excited. If I was super cool, I’d show you the Chiefs snow sculpture I built like the ones on the news. However, I’m not and didn’t build anything.

Closer to this corner of KC, I did fall on my behind taking the trash out on Saturday morning. Ouch! Taking the trash out because J woke up puking. Yuck! And my husband left super early this morning for Oklahoma as his grandpa took a turn for the worse last week. Sigh.

Time to plan the week ahead as it looks like it’ll be a dicey one. Linking up with Sandra from Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom. Be sure to check it out her blog!

Snowy morning indeed! Not snowing but lots of snow left-over on the ground. Normal (for January) temperatures. Another storm on the way for the weekend. Local kids (well, mine) are annoyed with the weekend storms as they want a snow day. So do I!

Right Now I Am

Working on this post in a super quiet house while J is still sleeping. And still running a fever. I’m afraid he has the flu. Relieved my husband sent a text to let me know he arrived safely in Oklahoma.

Thinking

I need to let the little gray cat back inside soon.  Also, thinking about all the things I’d like to get accomplished around here today.

Last week I read The Next Person You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom and loved it. Didn’t think I’d be disappointed as he’s one of my favorite authors. Started in on The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  Watching her show first set a better tone to start reading her book, I think.

On My TV

Regular TV: God Friended Me and Seal Team and football, of course!

Netflix: Finished The Magicians, tried starting Narcos but found it a bit too intense. Re-watched some of the Marie Kondo show.

Favorite Blog Post

Two for this week. First, my friend, Carrie, over at Northwoods Scrapbook, returned from her break! Then, I enjoyed reading Rachel’s weekly update on her yearly goals. Inspiring me to perhaps do something weekly with my word of the year. More on that, tomorrow!

On The Menu

Tough category this week. Shopping the house for it. A lot of last week’s menu didn’t work quite as planned. This week’s menu may get shuffled around a lot depending on what happens this week.

MONDAY: Probably chicken soup for J (and maybe me), BBQ sandwich for G (from freezer)

TUESDAY: Chicken legs (if J feels up to it), salad (probably just for G and myself)

WEDNESDAY: French Toast sticks and scrambled eggs

THURSDAY:  Frozen Pizza *J has a baritone lesson if he feels better and the weather is decent*

FRIDAY:  Country Style Ribs in Crock Pot *Boys off school for teacher work day*

On My To Do List

1. Pay bills
  2. Clean off this desk
  3. Marie Kondo my clothes (yes, I’m using her name as a verb)
  4. Laundry
  5. Get end of January and February birthday cards ready

Creating

Some day…I will have something for this category!

Looking Around The House

It’s not too awful for a Monday morning after we were home all weekend. Just the usual things need attention.

This was Saturday, 7 inches of snow as it was still falling.

The photos below are from yesterday, when I went for a short walk.

Lots of snow. Here’s a picture of my hot cocoa from Saturday to warm you:

On My Prayer List

Family in Oklahoma including my husband’s grandpa, family here including J, hoping he recovers swiftly from this flu bug. The many in our area still without power from the weekend storm. Everyone reading this blog.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34)

*****

What’s on your agenda for the week ahead?

18 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, How About Them Chiefs?

LOL I am not local (though my family is originally from there and some are still in the area) but watched the game and rooted for them ALL the way! My cousin has put up several pictures of her and the kids playing in the snow there recently and I admit it makes me a “tiny” bit homesick. The snow pictures are great, but the hot chocolate picture is beautiful!!!

Sorry to hear hubby’s grandpa is not well – will keep him in my prayers. Sorry J is under the weather and hope he’s feeling better soon.

I was so happy to see Carrie back too! Have missed reading her posts. Have a GREAT week.

Is that “tiny” bit because you’re thinking of our hot, humid summers? LOL! Thank you, haven’t heard much since my husband let me know he arrived there. J’s still running a fever but awake and grumpy so that’s maybe a good sign. Hope you have a great week as well!

Sounds like you’ve got your hands full there, too, Jean. Am lifting your son, grandfather-in-law, and all the others up in my prayers here. The snow pictures are beautiful and I’m so jealous! (The hot chocolate looks good, too!) I so wanted snow here, but we were right on that rain/snow line and temps were hovering just above freezing. We did get blizzard-type snows for just a bit, but, then, as soon as it stopped it melted within minutes. We just got cold, wet, and miserable over the weekend. Amanda, however, (and her husband) were stuck at the end of their road (her car wouldn’t make it up the hill) and were without electricity. They were rescued by a brother-in-law and holed up at her mother-in-law’s until they were able to return home to heat and safety. Am glad to hear the Chief’s are doing well. I remember the 1994 win. That’s the last football game that I’ve watched. LOL! (Can you tell? I’m not a huge fan, but am certainly glad to hear that the home-town team is at the top of their game this year!) Am thinking of you and praying over your family. Blessings, my friend! <3

Thank you. Oh, well I’d gladly share a bit of snow with you! Lots of power outages around the area, so many tree limbs fell. We had one of G’s friends stay over Saturday night because they were without power just blocks away. Back on now. So glad she had somewhere safe and warm to go. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Snow makes for some beautiful pictures!
    I’ve been hearing about how everyone is watching the Marie Kondo’s shows, I’ll have to get on that one.
    Have a great week

Yes, it does. If the weekend forecast is correct, I’ll get to practice lots more. Her show is pretty inspiring. Hope you have a great week as well!

Hello Dearest! It’s so nice to be back 😉

Your neck of the woods is looking a lot like my neck of the woods. Lol The winter wonderland continues.
    And congrats on your Chiefs! That’s pretty cool after so long. I sure hope J is feeling better soon. Flu season is the worst!

And I love your to-do to Marie Kondo your clothes. Lol!! I need to do the same thing over here.
    I”m absolutely drooling at that cup of cocoa. Holy yum!

Blessings on your week Jean. xoxo

You know I actually said to my husband yesterday that I wanted to see Lake Superior in the winter (then we had a mini argument about how cold it would be, marriage, right? LOL). I did (at his suggestion) check out some web cams, so pretty! Thank you. Hoping J perks up a bit tomorrow, still running a high fever and not eating a thing today. At least we’re getting water & Sprite in him. Managed to get my clothes finished today, it’s a great feeling. Hope you have a wonderful week.

5. Schotzy

LOoks like a lot of us got hit by Gia.. but ours will probably be gone by tomorrow… the temps here are yo-yoing all week… We learn to just go with the flow… I lvoe your Wedensday night menu
    frenh toast sticks for dinner sound yummy. Putting that on my must have list!!!

Oh, I didn’t know the storm had a name. I think our snow’s gonna stick around for a while and more to come. It’s just something a bit different to have instead of the usual breakfast for dinner fare. Forgot I’d picked up a box of them at the store. Hope you have a fantastic week!

6. HooksandNeedles

Lovely photos of your snow Jean, thankfully here in the UK we don’t have snow at the moment though kids always want it. Sending prayers for your son and husband’s Grandpa, it’s never nice when you’re unwell. Having had flu he has my sympathy, for about 10 days all I did was sleep or sit in a chair, no energy at all. I like your prayer request idea and quote for the week, very sound. Take care of you and yours, Cathy x

Thank you! If I could figure out a way to send about half this snow over to you, I would do it. 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful week!

7. Becki

That hot cocoa looks so wonderful!! I read the Marie Kondo book when it was first a big deal as a book, and didn’t like it. Tried watching two episodes of her show, and it’s still not looking like anything I want to do. She doesn’t spark joy for me. LOL

It was pretty good. Seems I’ve forgotten how to make a “normal” cup of cocoa. I wasn’t impressed when I read her sequel book (I read out of order). However, I really enjoyed her show and am finding this book (mostly) helpful. I did sort my clothes yesterday (helps I’m not much of a clothes person currently) and actually like the way things look folded her way. It really surprised me as that’s not my style at all to follow and do things just so. If she doesn’t spark joy for you, then discard her (ideas) LOL! Hope you’ve had a great Tuesday!

Snow started melting yesterday, a good thing because we’re supposed to get freezing rain & more snow this weekend. Plus super cold. Hope your week is going well so far!