My friend, Rachel, over at Living Better One Day At Time is doing a weekly check in on her yearly goals. She inspired me to do something similar.
My word for the year is gratitude. So, I decided to post a gratitude list each Tuesday. Not exactly an original idea, I know. However, I thought it would be nice to have a sort of on-line gratitude journal to reflect back on at year-end. Plus, it should keep my word in focus for the year.
Not going to give myself a set number of things to list. I think this will work better as just a random weekly list. Most items will probably also be about things the previous week. So, here’s my first gratitude list of 2019.
- My oldest wanting to invite his band friends over when pep band canceled last Monday
- Having food and place for them all to hang out
- A husband who helps with the laundry and takes care of outside things (like shoveling the driveway 5 times during the weekend snowstorm)
- A chance to get out and have dinner with good friends. Hanging out a bit longer with one of them.
- That I didn’t hurt anything but my pride when I fell on the snow/ice taking out the trash
- Good friends who let my son stay over as the storm moved in on Friday
- Good friends who safely brought him home on Saturday so we didn’t have to worry about him trying to drive home (My husband went with him to get his car on Sunday)
- Tree branches not hitting our house or power lines and our power staying ON
- Motrin to give my child running high fevers
- Essential oils and candles so the house doesn’t smell like sickness
- My husband and son arriving safely at their destinations this morning (and my son back home this afternoon)
Stopping here so I can get back to my project for the day (clearing out clothes and shoes, Marie Kondo style). My list each week is likely much longer than the number of items listed.
What things would you put on your gratitude list?