My Likes For The Third Week In January

Starting my post early in the week on Tuesday. The weather people speak of another storm coming through starting on Thursday. Starting with rain, freezing, followed by cold.

Leaves me wondering if our power will hold as we live in an area of mature trees. Since I don’t want to miss out on the fun of liking stuff, I’m working on my post in tiny bits today and tomorrow. Scheduling it in advance. *Update: They say it’s all inching “north” now. Code for we guessed wrong, I think.*

With all the snowy weather, I like the scent of this cocoa and cream candle. Bonus is my husband likes it as well. And has been known to light it himself.

And I admit, I do like the way my clothes look in my dresser after applying the KonMari Method of folding them. It’s a happy feeling to see them. I wrote a post about it yesterday. It’s fun to use this Bath and Body works stuff when it really is a snowy morning outside:

“You smell good,” is something I often hear when I use it.  With all the real snow, I’m thinking of switching to something called “tropical vacation” and seeing if it transports me. (Not a real scent).

Snowy Weather

Still doing my best to enjoy the snow and cold despite having (now) 2 sick boys at home. The snow started melting on Tuesday and it looked like another snow storm as it fell off the trees. I liked the way it made the snow already down look.

The table made me think of a cake with fluffy frosting. Added a few bird seed sprinkles to it yesterday.

And built my own bird feeder out of snow (ice now). It’s supposed to be a football.

Still waiting for the birds to discover it. Also, sprinkled some bird seed around the branch debris on the other side of the house.

And enjoyed taking in the strange icicle formations. Some of those icicles off the rooftops looked sinister. These less deadly looking icicles were on some branches near the ground.

Food and Drink

Bought my bird seed when I ran to the store. And a coffee. I like Starbucks.

Yes, I ordered a grande Cinnamon Shortbread Latte. Glad I liked it! My family and friends know I like Starbucks as well. Makes my grocery store splurge fun.

While I don’t eat breakfast cereal for breakfast very often, I bought this:

It’s surprisingly delicious! And on sale cheap, probably because they priced it ridiculously high when it first hit the shelves. Oh, and I’m changing my name.  Sunbeam Frost Fire has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?

****

Don’t forget to visit Not Afraid of Color and see what LeeAnna, the host, of this link up likes this week. And visit a few blogs while your there. It’s always fun to meet new friends.

20 thoughts on “My Likes For The Third Week In January

Good morning sunshine! Love your new name… so fancy! I refolded my underwear, and I cannot believe I did that, but it’s wonderful opening a drawer and seeing it all at a glance. So I did the pants and it’s amazing to walk into the closet, and be able to pull out a pair without pulling out 5 pair with tangled legs.
    If I burned cocoa scented candles I’d be hungry. The birds will come when they feel safe out in the open. Surprised the squirrels didn’t eat every last seed. LeeAnna

There is something nice about seeing all your clothes at one glance. Makes me wear nicer clothes on days like today when I’m not working instead of just grabbing the easiest things from the top. I’d say it makes me more productive but so far….not quite. The candle does kind of do that sometimes. My son blew it out this morning because he had a headache. I was surprised not to see any squirrels as well especially since I had to quit feeding birds for a bit last year because of a greedy little squirrel.

2. Diann Bottrell

I bet your Hot Coca and Cream candle smells delicious! Sounds perfect for your weather. I enjoyed your snow photos! We don’t have any here, but it’s in the forecast for the weekend – I wouldn’t mind having done. I enjoy Starbucks, too! Haven’t tried your drink, but will have to remember it.

It does smell nice although sometimes it can get a bit strong. Hope you get a little snow. The drink is good, just the right amount of cinnamon and sweet, a good January one.

3. Carol

I KonMari-folded my daughter’s leggings, jeans, and tops yesterday and I couldn’t believe what a difference it made! I hope to work on my clothes over the weekend. Glad you liked the cinnamon shortbread latte. I tried it on Saturday and thought it was yummy too!

It really is amazing the difference it makes. Thinking ahead to my oldest going off to college (when I’m not having a meltdown at that thought!), I’d really like to get him on board with folding his clothes that way. Seems like it’d be a great dorm room space saver thing. Trying to think of the last time I tried a coffee drink there and didn’t like it.

4. Sally

I wouldn’t mind some snowy weather, as long as it doesn’t take down the power lines. That candle certainly looks like it would smell delicious!

Yeah, the snow is pretty but does have downsides (and power lines from trees). I’m glad they’ve downgraded the predicted storm for this weekend. The candle does make me happy. It’s from Aldi’s so once it’s gone, I’ll have to wait until it (if) hits their seasonal shelves again next year.

5. Rachel

Cocoa and cream sounds super yummy smelling! I have been using my oil diffuser daily and have been diffusing different oils depending on my mood. It was funny, this morning one of my babysitting kids told me that my diffuser ran out of batteries because it wasn’t working. I had to laugh because I was running behind and hadn’t filled it with water yet. LOL He apparently missed it!
    I am thinking that I may try to KonMari fold Rebecca’s clothes to see if that would help her…. decisions, decisions….
    Speaking of Rebecca, I am glad she doesn’t know about that cereal. She is into all things unicorns and llamas at the moment! LOL
    Have a great weekend!

Almost all the classrooms at my preschool have an oil diffuser. Lavender & peppermint are popular. I noticed unicorns and llamas are very popular! Well, if the cereal comes your way…it is at least tasty which is more than I can say about the Mario cereal (also on sale but the boys weren’t fans of it). Hope you have a great weekend as well!

I added your book to my “want to read” list over on Goodreads. Sounds interesting, always nice to get different perspectives. Going to have to take a quick break from reading about organizing to read my non-fiction thriller, Bad Blood. No renewals as apparently 22 people are waiting for me to get it read. Yikes! No pressure there. I’ll have to check out your link. Is it like a 5 on Friday? I do miss those a bit!

6. mary

Oh my-what a great post- So many fun ideas. I thought you were going to say “Magic Cupcake” was your new name. LOL. Yummy candle. I ordered Marie’s book but it hasn’t arrived yet. I’m seeing her name everywhere. I can’t even believe there is Unicorn cereal.

That would have been a great name as well though I’m partial to Sunbeam Frost Fire. I couldn’t get it to photograph right where you find the first letter of your name plus your birth month to determine your unicorn name. I can believe the cereal exists but I’m still in shock it tasted good.

7. Colette

Great likes, love your pics outside. I agree I am a Starbucks girl but just straight coffee most of the time. I love candles. Helps when the house gets kind of stale smelling.

Thank you! As much as I love candles, I’ll be glad to open windows again to get rid of the staleness in the house. Got a while to wait on that idea though. Hope you’ve had a great weekend so far!

8. Deanna

Ha Ha! Fun name, and fun cereal. What does it taste like – Froot Loops?

I miss the days when I could burn candles that smelled like that. I can still do fresh smelling ones, but food ones don’t work here. I’m becoming quite particular. I always like the thoughts of them.

Ugh – the snow! Nice surprises you left for the birds. I’m sure they enjoyed their treats.

Mmmmm, Starbucks! I don’t do the ones at the grocery stores (because it would become a habit!) but I like to stop in before a trip or while on a trip. I love their winter flavors. I think the one you got was the one I got. I do like the Flat White also.

No, it was vanilla cupcake flavor. Not fruity at all. I’m ready for some fresh, clean smelling candles now. I’ve found the grocery store ones (here anyway) aren’t always quite as good as the storefront ones. Our grocery store one closes at 8 PM & I’m typically in there in the evenings, finishing up after they’ve closed.