Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy Thursday! I missed posting my gratitude list on Tuesday so I’m going to combine it with this post a bit.
I like Valentine’s candy! And I’m quite grateful for chocolate. Although my heart might take me back to the candy dish a few too many times. It’s dark chocolate (my favorite) so that makes a couple extra pieces okay, right?
I like the shadows the sun makes in the yard. Of course, now it’s not so much white as brown from all the mud. Inside now for dinner. Still not the week to come to dinner unless you’re feeling a bit adventurous.
Tonight: Fish Tacos with Pineapple jalapeno Sauce.
Turns out I like the idea of such a thing a lot better than the taste of fish tacos. I did like the sauce on my cabbage salad/fish topping though. Still cleared out some fish from the freezer and the sauce from the pantry.
Grateful for getting a bit of inspiration to try a little better with dinner ideas after reading my blogging friend, Carol’s menu planning post. My husband and G even agreed to try the fish tacos.
J remained skeptical so I made him fish sticks. That worked out since I didn’t care for the tacos so I had fish sticks as well.
Another week of not a lot of photos so I’m just going to end this post with my belated gratitude list.
- A husband willing and able to take the deck partially apart to retrieve my dropped car key
- The joy my job brings me. Favorite from Monday: asked a kid to do something and he looked at me and said “Not today.” I had nothing for a response to that one but a smile.
- My daily medicines being simply a vitamin and a cup of green tea
- Time to relax and watch a movie
- Knowing when to take time to relax and watch a movie
- Conversations with my sons
- Sons with critical thinking skills
- My silly little phone game I play everyday (Pocket Camp Animal Crossing)
- Spring inching closer each day no matter what the weather
- Not having big plans for Valentine’s Day (and not worrying that we don’t)
Stopping this post here to go spend some time with the little gray cat. Be sure to go check out the I Like Thursday posts over at Not Afraid Of Color.