Winter this year reminds me of the Jack Nicholas character in the movie, The Shining. It’s not here’s Johnny, it’s here’s winter! I’m off to work very soon as my schedule but wanted to share my gratitude list since I missed it yesterday.
And yes, we had yet another winter storm move through the area last night. This part of town had mostly a bit of ice and maybe 2 inches of snow. Better, I guess, than the predicted 3-6 inches of snow.
Lots of winter woes out there but I’m not minding having real winter so much this year. Time to share my Tuesday to Tuesday (or Wednesday) Gratitude list.
- A reliable car
- Safe travels to and from work in a snow storm
- Boys who shovel snow (and a husband who “encouraged” them to do it)
- No school on Friday so no worries about teenager driving in the snow
- Grace given at work on an unusual day
- A neighbor who enjoys music
- Husband wanting to try a new brand of spaghetti sauce
- Friends who push us (and our children) out of our comfort zone
- Lazy days at home
- New bird feeder (late Christmas) and new birds visiting!
- Late start school days (for me, snow days for the boys)
- Having a husband who clears the snow off my car for me
- Hot coffee!
- Hot water in the shower
- A job I love
What are you thankful for this week?