Happy Homemaker Monday, Marching On Through Winter

The calendar might say March but it’s still “officially” winter. One only needs to glance out the window around here to know that.  Two and a half weeks until spring “officially” arrives.

My boys are off school yet again for a cold day this time. Sub-zero wind chills, not safe to let the kids hang out at the bus stops. Our road also doesn’t look great after Saturday night’s snowfall. The cold apparently makes the melting salts not works as well.

Lucky (?) me, I still get to go to work later. And for a full day. Let’s see if I can squeeze in planning my week with Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom before I need to leave.

Already discussed it some. Current temperature is -1 degrees but windchill is -13.  News said 50 degrees below normal for our area at this point in the year. We are supposed to climb our way up to a balmy 37 degrees by Thursday but there’s a…wait for it….chance of more snow that day as well. I like seeing the 54 degrees and thunderstorms predicted for Saturday, that’s normal, I think.

Right Now I Am

Trying to get this post typed up before I finish getting ready for work. Also, drinking coffee and thinking about what to have for breakfast.

Thinking

I always think of great things for this category in the evenings and think, oh I should share that. And then, by the time I write my post. I’ve forgotten! Maybe I’ll start writing my thoughts down in draft form so I can remember what I’m thinking about each night.

Started reading Crucible by James Rollins since the library sent me a courtesy notice about its due date on Friday. New release so no renewals. I had a bit of trouble getting into this one but now I’m enjoying it enough I’d rather stay home and finish my book than go to work!

On My TV

God Friended Me was finally on again last night so I took a break from the Z’s of Z-Nation over on Netflix to watch it.  Maybe it means Seal Team is set to return soon as well. Been watching The Voice with my husband, I wasn’t sure I would but I do like John Legend as a new judge.

Favorite Blog Post

Found this article entitled: Gratitude for My Teenager-Even When She Is Difficult to be thought-provoking.

Something Fun To Share

This Margarita Bark recipe made me think spring thoughts. I’d like to try it (probably sans the Tequila).

On My Menu

Probably going to be a dull week for our menus.

MONDAY: Husband’s choice *I work 9:30-6*

TUESDAY: Tacos

WEDNESDAY: Pork chops

THURSDAY: Chicken Legs *J has a baritone lesson at 7:30*

FRIDAY: Pizza

On My To Do List

1. Make sure all my work dates are in the calendar
  2. Get my library book read and returned by Friday
  3. Clean the house!
  4. Write and schedule some blog posts
  5. Figure out why some blogs I follow on Bloglovin quit showing up there
  6. Pull out some spring/summer clothes (maybe it will help the weather?)
  7. Get G a new winter coat
  8. Go to Hobby Lobby and get one more picture frame
  9. Get together with friends (soon, I hope!)

Creating

My own spring! My indoor flower seeds are starting to sprout!

Looking Around The House

Unmade bed, covered kitchen table, muddy paw prints on the living room floor….still stuck inside and still winter outside.

On Saturday afternoon while it was still kind of “warm” and not snowing with clear roads, I took a walk around the block. Saw two deer!

On My Prayer List

Family, friends. My blogging friend from Rebecca’s Hearth and Home, her son-in-law as he’s in the hospital. My blogging friend, Rachel, over at Living Better One Day At A Time, as she deals with some family issues. All of you who read this blog.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. (Albert Camus)

*****

What’s on your agenda for the week?

14 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Marching On Through Winter

1. Schotzy

Brrr… how can I complain with 30’s and damp weather??? You know the hardest item for me to answer every week is the menu lineup. I have never been into meal planning.. I msut say having to think about it helps, But working Id get home too late to think about it and beg to grad a bite out… thenI never have fully in all my retired years gotten the knack of actually planning great menus..I can do it.. once in a blue moon when guests are coming!!

I found menu planning became a lot easier when I started just planning around the meals we actually ate instead of thinking I’d come home and make a grand gourmet meal. Sometimes I follow the plan, sometimes I come home tired and just look to see what I have listed for the week, and sometimes I do something different. Not sure what I’m going to do today as husband’s choice yesterday happened to be tacos, my plan for today. Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday so far.

I will go look at that Margarita Bark (wouldn’t use Tequila either), but I know people who might like this. Great menu plan. Have a great week

I think it would be fun for Saint Patrick’s Day or just spring. Of course, I doubt mine will turn out as pretty as the Pinterest picture. Let me know if you try it. Hope you have a great week as well!

As much as I love winter, Jean, I will be so glad when this one is over and we haven’t had nearly the stuff that you guys have had. I’m done with it though and am so glad that spring is on the way! Love the deer pics! They’re so pretty! <3 Appreciate the prayers on behalf of Phillip and Amanda. Means a lot. We plan on going back up on Saturday and will probably be there until Tuesday. Wish there was a way to get together again at some point. I still want to do Bethany Falls with you, but not right now. I'm afraid it would be a bit treacherous. LOL! Hope your Monday is going well and that the week ahead is a good one! Stay safe and stay warm! Blessings! <3

Yes, it’s definitely time for the next season. Winter’s turn has lasted a really long time. I was so surprised by the deer! We have them down in the wooded area at the end of the street but when I started they were right up by the fence next to the street. I spooked them but they didn’t run all the way into the woods just to the edge of it. Made my cold walk around the block worth it 🙂 Still praying for your family. Let’s save the Bethany Falls for late spring/early summer once ice/mud hazard is a bit lower, LOL. Hope your Tuesday is off to a terrific start!

I saw a sign today that I’m going to make up in badge form that said something like – You’re having an argument with winter when it storms out only to slam back in and say “AND ANOTHER THING…”. I instantly fell in love with it after the past couple weeks! I love the deer pictures – so cute. I am so with you wanting SPRING – any time now is fine with me! Have a wonderful week and enjoy that menu line up – sounds good.

Ha, I’ve seen that before. It’s perfect isn’t it? Spring has to be around the corner somewhere. I am seeing a bigger variety of birds around the yard so it’s coming eventually. The birds say so. Happy Tuesday, hope it’s started off wonderfully for you.

5. Billie jo Stoltz

That first photo is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    And dang! That is cold!!!!
    Have a great week, my friend.
    I have a luncheon on Wednesday and then Lent Fish Fry for dinner.
    Thursday I have a hair appointment and Friday an eye doctor appointment.
    Busy for me!

Thank you! It was the sky on Saturday night, the night before our last winter storm/cold front moved through around here. It’s warmed up a bit (think it was 13 real temp when I took my 8th grader to school this morning). And the sun is out. I’ll take the sun any day of the week! Wow, that is busy. Hope you have a great week and find some time to relax between all the busy times.

Thank you. I was excited to see them. And that I had opted to carry the “real” camera with me on my walk. Hope you’re having a great week so far.

Hey Sweetie! I hope your weather warms up! WE had another cold snap – but a bit warmer today and nice and sunny,. Always helps the mood and energy. 😉

Love your deer pics and especially your spring sprouts! I’m dreaming on it daily. Digging in the dirt and what pots I want to plant this year. Still mounds of snow here but hopefully thaw will be around the corner, Have a blessed week dear Friend xo

We had high winds and a thunderstorm with actual rain instead of snow on Saturday! Think spring is really on the way. Pretty and sunny all day today but I didn’t get to enjoy it much, stuck inside sick. If we hang in there, spring is on the way. I can tell 🙂 Hope you’ve had a terrific weekend.