I Like Gratitude

For this week and maybe going forward (still trying to decide), I’ve decided to combine my gratitude post with my I like Thursday post.

This week started out kind of hectic so this may be brief as I’m still playing catch up after being down all weekend with a nasty virus. Thought it was the flu but now I’ve decided perhaps just a nasty cold virus.

Straight to the gratitude list (and I also like all these things!)

1. Feeling healthy!
  2. Medicine that works or has the placebo effect. Don’t care, better now. Shout out to Elderberry syrup.
  3. My happy little phone game where I can make it spring right now!
  4.  Kids smart enough to do this while saying it’s all just numbers. (His grandfather gave him the card, I like it as well!)
  5. All the signs of spring I see around me: lots of birds including robins “fighting”, geese flying north, and rain with warmer weather.
  6. Dark chocolate (Trying to do no sugar in March is tough, I’m allowing myself a little dark chocolate here and there as a treat to keep from giving up completely)
  7. Unexpected poetry hidden in my chocolate bar wrapper
  8. Showing up to work on the wrong day yesterday (oops!) and getting to stay, they needed me after all.
  9. Green plants, can’t wait until I can see some outside
  10. Having older kids so I could sleep when sick and not worry (too much).

What things are you grateful for this week?

Linking up with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursdays. Go check it out!

(Apologies for not visiting anyone last week, thanks to all who stopped by the blog. Hopefully, I’ll be a bit more social this week though I don’t look to have lots of blogging time again until Saturday.)

19 thoughts on “I Like Gratitude

1. Pat

I am also looking forward to seeing green plants outside. Oh, My! I think I just heard a robin! I must go explore! … back … sorry this comment was interrupted by one of my favorite events of the coming spring. Yes, it is my first robin of spring, one yard over. How wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with me. Thanks also for the lovely read. Poems in chocolate bars? I shall have to check the wrappers when I next indulge. That looks like a fun and colorful phone game. May you feel better soon … <3 Pat

Hooray for the first robin of spring! We’ve noticed quite a few more and my grackles are back. Plus, I saw our Carolina wren this week! The poem in the wrapper was a complete surprise to me. Feeling much healthier this weekend, thank you. Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far.

2. mary

Love these likes. I’ve been hearing some new birds outside. Won’t be long now. Hope you are feeling better now. mary

Feeling much better, thank you. Yes, I think we might actually make it to spring after all. Next week, finally, it arrives 🙂

3. Diann Bottrell

It is always so great when you realize you feel better after being sick! Peppermint and dark chocolate – sounds like the perfect combination. Congratulations on having kids on the honor roll, too!

Yes, it is such a nice feeling. One thing about being sick like that is how much it makes you appreciate all the things you feel like doing (even the not so fun stuff) once your energy returns. Thank you. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far.

Thank you! I do love my dark chocolate, more than the other kinds, not that I’d turn down chocolate (except maybe for white chocolate, I don’t really care for the flavor of that one). Hope your weekend is going well so far!

Can’t go wrong with chocolate and mint 🙂 It’s a silly little game called Pocket Camp: Animal Crossing. My husband makes fun of me but I don’t care because it’s just a fun, relaxing way to pass a bit of time.

Likes and gratitude for likes… all good and uplifting for us to remember and others to be reminded of.
    Hope your week is going well and you are well or “well-er”

Making my gratitude and list of likes each week really does help me keep things in a more positive light. It’s been a super busy but mostly good week over here 🙂

5. Angie

Joining you from I Like Thursdays. Your post just shouts joy. It was like a breath of fresh air in the spring. Thank you. (And I think combining your two subjects is a perfect idea!) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thank you. Yes, I’ve decided to combine the two subjects, again this week out of necessity, but perhaps just from now on as well. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

6. Eileen Wise

Hello, I am glad you are feeling better. What a wonderful post on gratitude. I am looking forward to seeing more green and spring flowers. Dark Chocolate is delicious, a nice treat. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

Thank you! We had to travel to Oklahoma this weekend and I was surprised how much greener it was to the south of us. Daffodils already blooming! Hope your week is going well.

7. Roseanne

Good Morning! I hope you are feeling much better today. Lots of good things to be grateful for but I especially love the going to work on the wrong day (!!) and being able to stay. Ugg – since I drive for an hour to get to work I can’t imagine doing that and then not being able to stay. ~smile~ Roseanne