If you follow the blog, you didn’t see a Happy Homemaker Monday post from me this week. Unfortunately, my husband’s grandfather passed away Friday evening. My husband was already in Oklahoma to support his family.
Even in grief, I found a little time for gratitude. I kept a running tally in my head. The first six items, I threw in a draft folder on Friday evening. The rest popped into my head during the weekend and early part of the week.
Before We Left Items:
- My boys getting a chance to know one of their great-grandfather. He lived 99 years! Only in the past 2-3 years did his health quickly decline. How many 14 and 17 year-old kids are lucky enough to have known their great-grandfathers for so much of their lives?
- Liz Claiborne for making stylish plus sized clothing
- Not being sick this weekend with a million things to do
- A kind friend willing to look after our little gray cat on a moment’s notice
- Seeing more birds at the bird feeders each day
Items From The Rest Of The Weekend/Week:
- Safe travels to and from Oklahoma for all of us
- Caring middle school teachers (I had to e-mail each teacher regarding missing parent-teacher conferences regarding a different matter)
- Good weather, both here and in Oklahoma
- A good breakfast each morning at our hotel (normally, we stay with family but opted to get a hotel room this time because of the number of people in town)
- Minimal family drama (Honestly, this concerned me. Prayers for healing of some on-going family rifts appreciated)
- Mostly avoiding family drama (Extra prayers my husband and I continue to avoid it.)
- Grandpa’s faith.
- My kind, generous husband and children
- Good friends
- Sleeping in my own bed last night!
- Coffee, especially at home coffee. While I love Starbucks and the fancy creamers of the hotel lobbies, nothing beats being able to just get up and fix yourself a cup of your own coffee to start the day.
- My plants in the windowsill (mostly) surviving as I forgot about them
- Today being an absolutely beautiful first day of spring!
What things are you grateful for this week?
Joining the I Like Thursdays over at the Not Afraid Of Color blog. Be sure to go check it out and say hello to LeeAnna and the other wonderful bloggers joining in today,