Sometimes, I think people perceive me as sort of happy go-lucky and not very bright. As rather shallow. Those people don’t know me very well.
While for the most part, I am a generally happy go-lucky person who tries to stay positive and upbeat, it doesn’t mean I don’t have my days where my mood is more storm clouds than sunshine and rainbows. Just because I prefer not to discuss politics or world issues with you, does not mean I don’t follow the news.
However, I’ve found that looking for gratitude does help the bad moods. Sometimes. In order to stay authentic, I’ll share I was in an awful mood on Saturday. And for no real good reason. Sometimes bad moods just happen. I was not in the mood for gratitude.
However, I started a gratitude list any way. And my mood passed. Not right away but in time. Feelings come and go and are not right or wrong. Feelings are just feelings.
Whew! Let’s go back to being happy go-lucky and not so serious and check out the gratitude list for this busy week!
(Not many pictures to share as this has also been an exceedingly busy week!)
Gratitude List For The First Week of April
- Friends, old and new
- Grouchy moods to make us appreciate the good moods
- A good night’s sleep
- Teenagers arriving home safely
- A job where part of it is actually being outside
- Preschool wisdom
- Mint gum
- Husband willing to change his schedule so I can go to work on time
- Good books
- Cheerful employees in the fast food drive through
- The kindness of strangers
- The return of yet another bird to our yard. So happy to see the Brown Thrasher out there! A wily one who refuses to pose for my camera.
- April showers
- Wedding invitations
Going to stop at the really random number of 17 this week.
This song popped into my head while typing the caption on my first photo so I’ll leave you with it:
Time to hop off of here and start cleaning the house. I need to clean it just to get to the spring cleaning stage. Scary!
What’s on your gratitude list for this week?
*Linking up with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursdays.