Happy Homemaker Monday, Back From Our Trip

We arrived home from our trip to Washington, D.C. very early this AM. The high school marching band played in the Cherry Blossom Parade. And we were fortunate enough to go along on a friends and family bus to tour our nation’s capitol and of course, watch our high school senior march one last time.

So happy to have a day off today to rest and relax before moving on to yet another busy week. Time to catch our breath and then, we host Easter brunch on Sunday!

Linking up as usual with Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom.

THE WEATHER

We had gorgeous weather (even with a little rain) while on our trip but heard it dipped back into the 30’s around here. However, it straightened up for us and is supposed to be 75 and sunny today. Chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday. Happy to see warm weather and no rain predicted for Easter weekend.

ON MY READING PILE

I started reading The Devil Colony by James Rollins on the way home yesterday. Read another James Rollins book on the way there/part of the way home called Altar of Eden.

MOVIES OR SHOWS I WATCHED THIS WEEKEND

The Cherry Blossom Parade in Washington, D.C.

We watched The Greatest Showman, National Treasure, and The Avengers on the way to Washington, D.C. and most of Pitch Perfect on the trip home. I fell asleep during Pitch Perfect but doubt I missed very much. Watched The Green Zone with Matt Damon while doing laundry this morning. No time for regular TV while we were there!

ON THE TV THIS WEEK

Not sure. Probably going to look up and see if I can find the episodes I missed of SEAL Team and God Friended Me.

MENU

Not spaghetti as we had Italian food twice during the trip! It’s hard to plan dinners after so many days of eating out. All this is subject to change.

MONDAY: Fixing tacos for lunch right now but no idea on dinner

TUESDAY:  Might put some Country Style Ribs in the crock pot *I have Bunco*

WEDNESDAY:  Husband can be in charge *I work 3-6*

THURSDAY:  Maybe chicken legs?  *J has a baritone lesson*

FRIDAY: Possibly OUT (I’ll start prepping for Easter Brunch so it will have to be easy no matter what we do)

TO DO LIST

1. Laundry
  2. Laundry
  3. Did I include laundry?
  4. Grocery Store
  5. Finalize Easter brunch menu/get stuff
  6. Clean house
  7. Pay bills
  8. Write blog posts
  9. Write a better to-do list

CREATING

I have lots of trip photos to edit. Does that count? Of course, I’m also itching to get out and add to the flower garden areas in the yard.

LOOKING FORWARD TO

Sleeping in my own bed tonight, not waiting in line for a bathroom, spending some time on the backyard, and of course, Easter!

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE

It looks like we just returned from a trip.

FROM THE CAMERA

WHAT I’M WEARING TODAY

A Duluth, MN tee-shirt and pajama pants. It’s a pajama pants kind of day but I’ll probably change once some more laundry finishes.

SIMPLE PLEASURE

Looking out the window and watching the scenery change during long car/bus rides.

QUOTE FOR THE WEEK

*******

What’s your plan for the week ahead?

11 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Back From Our Trip

What a wonderful and exciting trip, Jean! I’m so glad you got to go along! And during the cherry blossom season! That makes it even more special! I love your photos (especially the Gutenberg Bible!) and YES, by all means!!! Editing your photos counts as creating something!!! Yes, the weather got pretty chilly over the past few days, but the week ahead looks GORGEOUS! Glad your home and hope you get some rest before digging into yet another busy and productive week! Blessings for a beautiful Easter! <3

2. Hooks and Needles

Ooh to sleep in your own bed after a trip away, it’s the simple things that delight. Lovely photos, the cherry blossom is so pretty. My plan of the week is to catch up with some cleaning tomorrow, some ironing and read some of my book for the book club. Also bake some chocolate brownies. Cathy x
    Hooks and Needles recently posted..Finishing Projects & Catching Up!My Profile

Thank you! We did have a good time. Still (here on Wednesday) trying to get caught up and adjusted back to the day to day routines.

3. Angie

I miss marching band so much. Our son played the largest bass drum, and we had a merry group of band parents that had great times. What an honor to march in a parade in our nation’s Capitol. Have a wonderful Easter. Joining you from I Like Thursday.

We get to enjoy it for four more years. The kids did a great job marching (and with their behavior, received lots of compliments on how they conducted themselves, made all the parents super proud). Hope you have a wonderful Easter as well!

4. Billie jo

Welcome home!
    Always great to go, and great to come home!
    The photos are beautiful, and I am so happy you got to see one last marching band performance.
    I still miss marching band from my high school days.
    I am planning on preparing for Easter dinner here.
    We are hosting my mom and my sister and her husband on Saturday before the Easter Vigil Mass.
    Haven’t yet decided what to have.
    Suggestions welcome! : )

Thank you! I was never in marching band in high school so didn’t realize how much went into it until my oldest son started. My youngest is (so far) planning on carrying on the tradition. We drove through Pennsylvania to get there (isn’t that your state?) So beautiful! It’s a good thing I wasn’t driving or we’d probably still be out east somewhere exploring the countryside 😉 My go-to brunch items are quiche, bacon (I make a candied cinnamon-sugar type bacon), and muffins. With a smaller crowd, I’d go with cinnamon rolls maybe. And of course, fresh fruit. I’m sure whatever you decide will be amazing.

5. Sandra

I LOVE cherry blossoms, they are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your trip, can’t wait to see all the photos 🙂

I hope you have an amazing week!!

Thank you! We’ve jumped right back into a busy week around here (and I’m still trying to keep up with even knowing what day it is) but I’m hoping to have time tomorrow to start going through my photos and posting them. Hope your week is going great so far!

Hi dearest Jean!
    Sorry I’m so late catching up this week.
    Looks like you had a wonderful trip!! And look at those blossoms. 😉 I always thought it’d be cool to go there this time of year to see the cherry blossoms. That’s the bad part of a trip -editing all the pics. Lol!

I love that you were wearing a Duluth Mn tee when you did this post. (wink wink) Wishing you and your family a very blessed Easter weekend ahead. xoxo