Happy Homemaker Monday, Last Monday Of The Month

After a chilly day yesterday and storms overnight, it doesn’t feel like it should be May 1st on Wednesday. It also doesn’t feel like it should already be Monday again. Didn’t we just do Monday?

Last week went by in a whirl over here as I was busy even for me. And I had rare *just for me* weekend plans as well. Dinner out with a group of friends on Friday evening followed by a Wedding shower to attend on Saturday morning. At least yesterday was somewhat relaxing.

I also fell way short on my last to-do list so this week is not going to be any less busy. Busier if anything!

Time to look ahead and get it planned. Joining in with Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom for the fun.

Picture from a warmer day but it’s cold again! Stormed pretty well over night.  The April showers are trying to cram in before all the May flowers arrive, I guess.  Chance of rain (100% today!) every day this week. Temps mostly in the 60’s but thankfully, the 70’s come back for the weekend.

Finished The Devil Colony by James Rollins yesterday so nothing but some magazines right now.

Movies Or Shows I Watched This Weekend

My husband and I watched Skyscraper on Saturday night. Sorry, if you are a fan but Dwayne “the rock” Johnson is no Bruce Willis. Of course, even Bruce Willis himself couldn’t have saved that movie and its lack of a decent plot.

On The TV This Week

No idea. Might finish watching season 2 of Fringe on Amazon Prime while folding laundry.

On The Menu

This might be a tough category. Decided to try the 21 Day Fix program (the cheap way, I just bought the containers on Amazon & am using the free app) so I want to plan dinners that work with it. Of course, I also work and G’s band concert is mid-week. AND I need to go to the grocery store for “real” food.

MONDAY: Chicken legs, broccoli, maybe rice? *I work 1-3:45*

TUESDAY: Taco salads *I work 10-3:45*

WEDNESDAY:  No idea, maybe out for the boys and I’ll forage *G’s last band concert*

THURSDAY: ???? I’ll decide after I go to the store (maybe pancakes if I don’t get a chance)

FRIDAY: ???? I’ll decide after I go to the store (Homemade pizza?)

To Do List

1. Mail out graduation announcements/ open house invitations
  2. Return way overdue library books
  3. Pay more bills
  4. Laundry
  5. Clean house
  6. Grocery store
  7. Write blog posts
  8. Reschedule J’s baritone lesson for next week
  9. Clean out freezer
  10. Make graduation stuff (AKA find pictures)

Creating

The next few weeks, I’ll be trying to make photo displays for the table at the graduation party.

Looking Forward To

The return of my sanity after all the graduation stuff is finished. (And watching G graduate 😉 )

Looking Around The House

It’s okay. Typical Monday, needs cleaned a bit but it’s not disgustingly dirty either.

Walked around the yard with the camera on a warmer day last week.

random tulip in the front yard

Finally captured this skittish bird through the back door

What I’m Wearing Today

STAR labs tee-shirt, black pants, and tennis shoes, what I threw on to take J to school.  Going to change into a work tee-shirt after I shower.

Simple Pleasure

The smell of the Earth after a spring rain storm. Ah.

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. (Native American saying)

*****

What’s on your to do list for this week?

22 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Last Monday Of The Month

I hear you, Jean! My weeks are whizzing by at an alarming rate and, yes, like you said…busy even for me AND I fell short on my to do list and haven’t kept up with my calendar at all. It’s ridiculous and May promises to be insane. I’m praying over both of us to take things one day at a time and be strengthened by the Lord and supernaturally energized in every area. Love the pics! I discovered wild strawberries blooming along the edge of the quarter mile loop when conducting a hike last week. So pretty! Will have to share my big nature find with you sometime soon, but not here. Remind me if and when we get the chance. You’ll be amazed. LOL! Blessings for a terrific Monday and a great week ahead! <3

Saw you had some weather down that way last night, hope everyone stayed safe! I *so far* have today off and plan to do lots of catching up on pretty much everything. Thanks, the strawberries are loving the rain. The pictured ones are from our garden but we get the wild ones all over the yard each summer as well. Hope your week is going great so far. Can’t wait to hear abut your big nature find? Curious now.

Wow all those spring pictures, makes me jealous!
    Don’t know the graduation date but sending you lots of postive vibes that all goes well.
    Have a great week

We had lots of rain yesterday to go with all the spring pictures. Graduation is Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May), thanks for the positive vibes! Hope your week is going well so far.

I LOVE your pictures this week, especially the bird on the rock! LMBO at your analogy of SkyScraper – so true! I like both Dwayne and Bruce, but… you’re right – NO ONE could save that plot!

Worse yet than it being Monday or even May is that the year is ALREADY a third over! There are only 239 days until Christmas!

I LOVE that Native American blessing – sounds like a great pay-it-forward attitude. Have a GREAT week.

Thank you! The only bright spot with that movie is that it was my husband’s pick, not mine. I’m usually the one who picks the bad movies, LOL! Happy May Day! Oh goodness, I’m not ready to think about Christmas (yet). Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

4. Schotzy

Here’as hoping we both get our to-dos done this week.. For me.. My clothes are everywhere in two rooms.. time to organize and sort and put winter away and put spring and sumemr in proper places then reclaim my guest room!!!! Let’s do it!!!!!

Hope you are making great progress on your list! Today is my day to tackle a lot of mine. Mainly, sending out graduation announcements. Did a few Monday night but need to get it finished today. Happy May!

Thank you! I feel motivated today so we’ll see how long it lasts 😉 Hope you are having a great week so far.

5. Carol

Oh, what a great photo of a woodpecker! I hear them all the time, but usually they’re too high in the trees for me to get a good shot. All the best with your graduation party prep – so exciting (and bittersweet)!

Thank you! They are hard to capture on camera. I’ve been trying to get this one for 2+ months now, usually I can’t even get to the window in the backdoor without being spotted. Just lucky that day. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

6. Shellie

I really enjoyed stopping by! I am praying for you as you prepare for graduation! It is a bitter sweet moment! YOur oictures are are stunning! I especially loved the one of the skittish bird! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

I came by too soon… here’s your post waiting for me! Good capture on the bird shot. I like that you are looking forward to the return of your sanity. If you find it, let me know where I should look for mine

Sometimes I’m a little slow getting my posts going, just depends on the morning. Thank you! Ha, you’ll note I haven’t found my sanity (yet). Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!

Hello Dearest!

It’s gotten all cold and crummy up here too. Boo! Looks like it could be more promising this weekend though 😉 Love the flower pics in the sunshine of course

Getting all ready for graduation mode here too for Aaron. I can’t believe how fast the time is flying! I need to get my buns in gear. Lol

I’ll be so curious to hear what you think of the 21 day fix. You’ll have to do a post on that down the road!
    Blessings on the rest of your week Jean xoxo

We’re on day 3, I think, of rain here. Everything is pretty and green but it’s time for the sun to come back! Time is going super fast for these graduating boys. I’ve been a bit in panic mode all week but am slowly making a bit of progress. So far, 4 days in, LOL, I like what I’m calling my “off brand” 21 day fix. It’s lots of real food so we’ve all been eating better this week. We’ll see how it goes when I get busy with working again. Maybe I will do a post on it, thanks for the idea! Hope your week has been wonderful so far!

Thank you. There’s definitely something special about waking up to hearing the birds chirping. Hope your weekend was wonderful!