Gratitude In The Midst Of A Busy Season

It’s a busy season over here.  Lots of graduation prep underway for my oldest, band concerts a week apart, and of course, all the regular running of the household and work. Oh, did I mention it’s birthday month for my oldest as well?

So much good stuff and yet still, all a little stressful. Gladly, taking a minute to share my likes and gratitude for this week.

Gratitude For A Full Calendar

The bottom of my May pocket calendar

1. Invitations to exciting and happy events. After losing loved ones in the past few years, it’s always a welcome thing to go to events celebrating happy things like graduation parties and wedding showers.
  2. A chance to go see my great nieces dance on Saturday morning
  3. A bit of a slower work schedule
  4. The happy problem of having more family wanting to attend G’s graduation than our allotted ticket number. (If anyone knows how to make 11 = 20, let me in on the secret. And soon!). Having lots of people to love your kids is never a bad thing.
  5. My stock of Forever stamps
  6. The Cozi calendar app on my computer and phone. I know I sound like an ad  but I really do find this app so helpful with keeping track of everything. Helpful enough I pay for it but I used the free version for a long time.

Random Bits Of Gratitude

1. Nicer weather! I don’t mind the rain if it’s above 50 degrees. It’s painted things a lovely shade of green (my favorite color!) around here.
  2. Cozy candles in the house. My current spring scents are Lilac and Wild Violet.
  3. Feeling healthy and having energy for all the exciting events.
  4. Time to enjoy a good breakfast (I’m trying what I’ve deemed an “off brand” 21 Day Fix. Basically, I just bought the containers and figured the count on my own. So far, it’s lots of good food and I like it. Remembering I like vegetables (spinach in my eggs!).
  5. A nice, long talk about almost everything with my oldest son on Tuesday night.
  6. One final silly bit of gratitude: Not coming across any spoilers for Avengers: Endgame. Hoping to go see it soon.

*****

What are you grateful for this week?  Don’t forget to go visit Not Afraid Of Color for a dose of positive from LeeAnna and all the other bloggers linked up over there.

16 thoughts on “Gratitude In The Midst Of A Busy Season

What a beautiful post, Jean! I love the whole gratitude theme, but this one ministered to me in ways I cannot describe. There is a peacefulness amidst all the hustle and bustle of family life and it came through. Thank you! I have lilac candles, too, but haven’t lit any of them yet. I think it’s time to do so. Love you, friend! Have a great weekend ahead! <3

Thank you! The weekend got away from me (always does). My husband isn’t a huge fan of the lilac candle so I only light it when he’s not home. Of course, it’s almost time to switch it out for something more summery. Hope you had an amazing weekend!

2. Diann Bottrell

That last month of school for the graduating senior and his family is so crazy! My youngest graduated in 2003 and I still remember it. Besides being so busy, it’s happy and sad all at the same time. How wonderful that so many family and friends want to be included!

Yes, busy and happy all at once. And I have one leaving 8th grade and going into the high school next year at once. Lots of bittersweet around here this month. Hope your week is off to a great start!

3. Colette

Great post. I am all about the gratitude also. I agree rain is nice when it is warmer, but when you get inches a day, I’m over it. I love candles. I like clean scents or fruity sometimes. My favorite is apple.

I love the spiced apple candle scents for the fall. My favorite candle scent over all are the ones that smell like fresh linen.

4. LeeAnna Paylor

violet candles… I want to sniff them. I sure like your list. I think maybe the guests could sit on each other’s shoulders…. what do you think? How nice to have a graduate and the announcement is really pretty. Our trees are starting to green up, the weeds are definitely green already. I think forever stamps are the best invention. Remember trying to keep up with the increased costs penny by penny? Oy vey!
    LeeAnna

Thank you! Oh, that’s a fun idea. A couple of friends may have an extra ticket or two so *fingers crossed* Hope your week is off to a great start!

5. Jocelyn Thurston

Lots of lovely likes. Your breakfast looks a lot like mine. I throw spinach in a lot of things these day. My daughter and I share our Real Simple magazines…love them. I’ve now seen Endgame twice with my older grandson, 14 and loved it both times. He likes to read up on movies and then return for a second viewing. It’s well worth the money. Happy family events…celebrations are the best of times. Try your best to take the time to savour it all!

I used to always read my mom’s Better Homes & Gardens 🙂 We saw Endgame this weekend and enjoyed it. My oldest is into the comics so he understands things about the movies that we don’t always get. Trying to enjoy it all between the tears (of joy, of course). Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Thank you! I do think it helps to find gratitude every day. I know I owe your blog a visit soon. 🙂 Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

6. Rosemary Dickinson

It’s so nice to read your post. I remember when my kids were graduating. Such a busy time! Our family seems to be shrinking but I guess that’s the circle of life. I’m going to check out that app! Sounds helpful!

Thank you. I’d say I’m looking forward to taking a big deep breath once June hits but we also have one entering high school next year so all that will come up. Exciting times. Yes, I love the app and it has other features I could make use of but others might find helpful like grocery lists and menu planning. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday so far.