Happy Homemaker Monday, It’s May!

Happy first official full week of May! It’s the biz…biz…busiest time of the year….(sing it to the Christmas carol version. And yes, I spelled biz like the abbreviation for business or you’d have read bus like yellow school bus.)

Since sometime near the end of March, I feel like I’ve just been trying to catch my breath. Not happening any time soon. However, I’m taking time today to plan my week. Glad to spend a few minutes each Monday making sure I at least make a to-do list (don’t judge if the list seems a bit repetitive) and get my bearings on things.

As always, joining in with Sandra, our amazing host and all the wonderful bloggers who link up to her each Monday over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom.

They were saying something about being weather aware on the news, chances of storms later tonight. However, right now we have beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Temps in the upper 60’s and lower 70’s all week, finally true warm weather.

Read through a couple of quick ones for my Amazon first picks (from last month and this month) on my phone’s Kindle app.  Thin Air by Jessica Gray was a bit more enjoyable than Cold Waters by Debbie Herbert. Both were murder mystery type books but Thin Air‘s plot was more unique and I’d be more likely to read another book by Jessica Gray in the future.

Movies Or Shows I Watched This Weekend

Not quite the weekend, however, on Thursday evening, G watched Spider-man, Into The Spider-verse with me. He’d watched it in the theater and quickly, proclaimed it his favorite movie so the Easter bunny gifted it in his basket. Probably one of the best animated and Spider-man movies out there. Extremely well put together and enjoyable.

Friday evening, my husband and I watched Predator. Yes, the 1987 movie. He wanted to see it before the remake. I never watched it back in the 80’s as it was deemed scary back then. The terrible plot was scarier to me. My husband will be on his own for that remake. And along with G (J didn’t want to go) we went to see Avengers: Endgame. I enjoyed that one quite a bit more than Predator though not quite as much as Spider-man, Into The Spider-verse.

On The TV This Week

No idea.

On The Menu

Did okay with my Off-Brand 21 Day Fix stuff until the weekend hit. It’s still a bit of a struggle to figure out meals that work for our family with it. We definitely haven’t been eating enough protein or vegetables. Picky eater problems. And of course, throw in trying to use what we have on hand to not spend a fortune at the grocery store. Whole menu subject to change.

MONDAY: Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad (maybe lasagna instead?)

TUESDAY: Ribs in the slow cooker, crunchy coleslaw, corn *I work 12 to 3:45*

WEDNESDAY: Shrimp (frozen), baked sweet potatoes, salad

THURSDAY:  Rotisserie chicken and salad or Subway *Middle School Band Concert*

FRIDAY:  OUT  or leftovers *I work 11-3:30* *Gifted class Reunion picnic for J and I*

To Do List

1. Library books! MUST do this
  2. Reschedule J’s baritone lesson! MUST do this
  3. Grocery store
  4. Clean house
  5. Graduation stuff
  6. Laundry

Looking Forward To

The Middle School Band Concert on Thursday night.

Looking Around The House

Definitely need to spend some time cleaning today and running errands. Cleaned out the linen closet and have to bags of things to donate taking space in the living room (for 2 weeks now, SIGH).

Haven’t been very good at picking it up lately. I just stopped this post to grab it and take a few  photos including the one up there under the weather caption.

My tulips aren’t done quite yet.

Caught this bird silhouette

I need help identifying these. Buttercups?

What I’m Wearing Today

Red shirt and jean shorts plus tennis shoes. Might change later, depending on what I’m doing.

Simple Pleasure

Spending time with my family.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. (Theodore Roosevelt)

******

What’s on your agenda for this first full week in May?

28 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, It’s May!

Great spring pictures. I understand the busy-busy thing! Spring is always so busy – I know I’ve got the inside deep-spring-cleaning to do and the outside chores to add to that plus our ‘ordinary’ chores. We are now empty-nesters so it’s that much less to do, but still! I’m trying to work inside on rainy and cold days but as soon as it’s nice I go work outside… so lots of things started but not that many finished yet. Hoping you have a great week

Thank you! Spring cleaning is in the back of my mind especially the boys’ rooms but I’m struggling to keep up with “regular” cleaning so it’s going to have to take a back seat this year. Hope you have a great week as well!

Thank you! I do okay taking photos as long as I don’t have to try and get people, LOL! Hope your Tuesday is off to a wonderful start!

2. Schotzy

You got that busy part right. I have something almost every day this month and here I am a retired empty nester. I see you have graduation in your monthly calendar. When our children graduate what ever level it is, it is so easy to get caught up in the melee we lose sight of the milestone and what it means. Take time to enjoy and have wonderful memories to reflect on in weeks to come. Life changes come upon us suddenly. Don’t miss the scenery as you travel your life’s road. God bless!

So, I guess you are saying May is a busy month no matter what stage. Yes, my oldest graduates on Memorial Day weekend! That’s a good reminder to slow down a bit. Thank you!

3. Jodi

We are having spaghetti tonight tonight as well.. but my lasagna rollups are calling my name, so may have to do a switch up as well. Have a great Monday!

Well, it turns out we were out of spaghetti sauce so I had to change up my menu plan. We ended up with something called last-minute chicken (thanks to a quick internet search) and French fries. Not the healthiest but at least we all ate. Spaghetti moved to Wednesday (ribs in the crock pot tonight and maybe a grocery store trip after dinner). The lasagna rollups sound yummy though…may have to check into that idea. Hope your Tuesday is off to a wonderful start!

4. Billie Jo

Yep!
    May is always a busy month!
    We also have 5 birthday celebrations…including the dog!
    I hope you have a chance to put your feet up and take a rest!
    And we watched that Spiderverse movie too.
    Loved it!

FIVE birthday celebrations! Wow. Happy Birthday to all the May birthdays over there. I watched quite a few episodes more of Colony on Netflix than baskets of laundry I folded (just me?) so I’m good on resting. Hope your week is off to a great start!

5. Cathy

Your first photo of tree blossom is fabulous and the bird photo looks good too, I love how it looks like he’s listening. Meal planning can be a bit tricky depending what time people are home and what they can eat. I saw on somebody’s blog once – they sit down as a family once a week and all choose a meal on the understanding that they must eat every one else’s choice too.
    Flylady also had a good tip (not that I follow her anymore) – she recommended writing a 2 week approx menu on post it strips. Put them on the calendar for each day over the fortnight and at then end of the week, transfer them to the next week’s space. All the best Cx

Thank you. I’m pretty good about planning meals (usually), it’s the following the plan that gets me every time 🙂 Today’s easy though, concert night so OUT for Subway sandwiches it shall be. Hope you’ve had a great week so far.

6. Sandra

My husband loves Spiderman and Into the Spider-verse. He has watched that a gazillion times LOL

Good job on trying the 21 Day Fix, I’m also currently trying to watch what I eat, between stopping my Zumba when I moved to Texas, and all the medication I’ve been on lately, I’ve put on 12 pounds and I’m not really happy with it at all. Oh well. Onto healthier options right?

Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far 🙂

My oldest loved (still does) the Spider-man movies (with an exception for the Andrew Garfield ones, awful) and we used to watch them together all the time. The 21 Day Fix is proving to be tough, I’m going to need to start over on it yet again…wish they’d add an ice cream container 😉 It’s been a pretty nice week here outside of the weather (pretty sure our heat kicked on today!). Hope your week finishes on a great note that leads into a wonderful weekend!

7. Rebecca L Knox

As always I enjoyed reading your post and I’m so glad to know that I’m not alone in the “biz…biz…busiest time of the year” (LOL! I LOVE THAT!!!)! I’ll be soooo glad when June gets here! April was crazy busy and May is INSANE!!! Like you, I’m trying to get my bearings and…some days…it just doesn’t happen. :/ Menus look good, love the pics, and what a great quote! Blessings for a great rest of the week and weekend! If the storms come, stay safe! <3

Thank you! We only got one round of storms (not too bad though lots of rain and of course, a wet basement). Super cold up here today, feels more like late fall than late spring. Hope you are getting a few moments to relax between all the busy. Have a great Thursday and rest of your weekend!

Thank you! It actually feels like Autumn around here today but the calendar does say spring for this side of the world 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and rest of your weekend.

Hello Dear Friend
    I feel your frantic pain with all things crazy this time of year. With all of Annie’s activities, her bday coming up, mother’s day and Aaron’s graduation coming up I feel like I’m running in crazy circles! Lol Deep breaths – we’ll get through this ((fist bump to ya))

Love seeing your pics of blooming things. They make my heart . And I do believe that’s a buttercup you took a pic of. Have a blessed rest of your week!

Yes, lots of deep breaths and fist bumps to get through this month. Thank you! Glad to know my flowers are buttercups and not invasive weeds. Maybe I’ll give them a new home or maybe I’ll just leave them be. Hope you have an amazing weekend!

I like the Roosevelt quote, needed that today.

I needed shorts last week, it’s snowing again this morning. Oy.
    Leeanna

Glad you liked it. It’s a good one. The cold weather drifted this way as well. Brr! Thankfully, no snow with it. Hope the weather people are right about us being back up in the 60’s tomorrow. Only good thing about the cooler weather with our rain is it lessens our chances for severe weather. So we get rain instead of severe thunderstorms. Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

10. Jocelyn Thurston

I enjoyed reading your post very much. It is like a snapshot in your life which is also very much like mine, except for the working and the kids. Hard to believe that even though retired, getting around to some things seem to take time. I’ve never been able to stick to a full week menu plan for some reason though I think it’s a great idea. May is often busy with lots of things clueing up. Hope you get to catch your breath on the weekend!

Thank you! Maybe May is just when we start to think we’re finally *maybe* done with all the cold weather and ready to get out and about. Having a slower morning today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

11. Stacy

Are you doing the 21 day fix? Ohhh I need to try that one! I need to try something… anything! I really loved Endgame too, haven’t watched into the Spiderverse but I need too, I really like the Marvel heroes! I’m glad you had a great week, and your pictures are beautiful! Hope your weekend is awesome!

Not officially. I bought the containers (off-brand ones) off Amazon and am not doing their shakes (too much $$$) but it’s the same program and their app is free. I’ve struggled with it though. Actually, I’m trying to start fresh today. Can’t believe it’s already Monday again. Hope you have a wonderful week!

The 21 day fix sounds like a bit of adjustment, but after the adjustment period you’ll love the fresher life style. Took awhile to adjust my family to dinners being just a protein and veggies, but now they crave it that way! Enjoyed reading your post, even if I am late. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week – so sorry I’m running late – just glad I’m making it at all – being on vacation puts a crimp in my favorite blog time.

Thank you! Yes, it’s a tough adjustment and I think I’ve decided to go easy on making the big adjustment until June, just too much upheaval around here right now with graduation around the corner. I’ve realized I do better making changes when *nothing* is going on and there aren’t any pressing deadlines. My lose 10 lbs by a certain date seems to backfire every time. Hope you are having an amazing time on trip!