Happy Homemaker Monday, Let’s Get Motivated!

My brain’s listing a million items to check off a list this morning. Meanwhile, the rest of my body is still mumbling something about needing more coffee.

Hope everyone had a nice Mother’s Day. Mine was nice. Now, it’s time to focus on all things graduation related (oh, and G’s birthday). As soon as I finish this post, I’m off to find graduation things at Hobby Lobby and the party store. Hoping they have things left as I should have went over the weekend and did not.

Joining in with Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom for this weekly planning post. These posts almost always help me get a bearing on my weeks especially the busy ones.

Ugh. I’ve about had it with our weather. Somehow, my warmer days disappeared and we were thrown back into fall/winter mode. Not too happy about it. We’re in some weird pattern where it’s sunny during the week and then, rains all weekend. No good. At least, today is supposed to be a sunny one. Supposed to be warmer as well.

Still those overdue books though I renewed them. Had to stop reading my book about Prince as it was so boring. I love a good biography but this focused more on the technical stuff about his music and career.   Read a couple of Maddie Dawson novels on my phone’s kindle app (The Survivors Guide To Family Happiness which was a slight bit better than A Piece Of Normal). And am currently reading The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and The Four Months That Changed the World by A.J. Baime. Super interesting so far!  (Note: I knew this but forgot….you can read books for FREE on Amazon prime and they have some great selections…)

Movies Or Shows I Watched This Weekend

Finished Colony season 3 on Netflix while doing laundry. Also, while doing laundry…Zombieland, really seems strange to call it a zombie movie with heart but that’s what it is. Highly recommend it. And while just being lazy…Skyline and…because I like to punish myself with bad movies….Beyond Skyline.

On The TV This Week

Depends on the weather and after my little marathon of way too much Netflix on Saturday, reading books takes priority.

On The Menu

Lots to do with graduation prep and end of the school stuff plus work so keeping it simple.

MONDAY: Spaghetti (carry over)

TUESDAY: Turkey sausage and chips (fruits & veggies in there somewhere)

WEDNESDAY:  Chicken in some form, the last-minute chicken recipe I found last week was good…may repeat  *I have a 9:30 hair appt*

THURSDAY: pork chops, baked potatoes *I work 8:15-3:45* *J has a baritone lesson* *I have a graduation recital for a friend’s son to attend*

FRIDAY: Pizza and salad *I work 8:15-3:45*

To Do List

1. Return library books (please, don’t judge, library is in opposite direction of everything else)
  2. Grocery store
  3. Target (maybe)
  4. Hobby Lobby
  5. Party Store
  6. Sam’s club for one more box of mixed chips, maybe?
  7. Find photos of G (ha, it’s fun having kids born before the Internet and Facebook were a big)
  8. Make one of those photo display things for the graduation stuff table
  9. Touch base with the other 2 moms on the party plan
  10. Make a list of who needs graduation tickets
  11. Find dress to wear to graduation stuff
  12. BREATHE!

Looking Forward To

Seeing G’s graduation party come together this weekend (open house style and with 2 other friends at a local church)

Looking Around The House

Reminds me I should have put clean the house on my to-do list.

I had a *great* bird-watching week! Saw my first ever around here red-headed woodpecker. So pretty! Hoped he’d hang around longer but haven’t seen him since last week.  And a hawk landed briefly in the Oak tree next door…

Plus I saw a gray catbird (new to me, I had to look it up in the bird book! Couldn’t get good photos) along with my usual finches, chickadees and cardinals.

Simple Pleasure

Watching the banter among the early morning news cast.

****
What’s on your to-do list this week?

20 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Let’s Get Motivated!

1. Schotzy

Jean… please do.. take time to breathe… I hear it is good for your health and even though you have a very busy week, breathing helps make the load much lighter… Im not just jesting… I will pray you can skip along this week checking things off easily and happily with loads of good relaxing time in between!:)

I am doing just that today. Taking time to just be at home and focus on little house chores that are bugging me and I think adding to my stress. Now, tomorrow, probably back to chaotic running around, LOL! Thank you. Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday so far!

2. Sandra

I have a few carry over meals from last week. I make a menu plan but then sometimes shift meals depending on what we are in the mood for that night.

Love all the bird photos, so pretty.

Have a wonderful week 🙂

Yes, we’ve already shifted our meals around and it’s only Tuesday! My husband reminded me we just had Chinese take-out over the weekend so he didn’t want something else with “noodles” last night. He cooked us hamburgers instead (win/win for me, no cooking dinner!). Looks like I’m shifting yesterday’s spaghetti to tonight and making it into lasagna instead. Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful week as well!

3. Stacy

We are planning a graduation party for June also! SUPER crazy and so so much to do!!! I hope yours goes well this weekend! I’m in shock that I have a child old enough to graduate high school 🙁 But you just blink and time flies by! I hope you have an amazing week!!

Thank you! (On both counts, feeling a bit old these days) Funny thing is my kid isn’t super excited about his party and “standing around” but he’ll be fine once the day is here. Good luck planning your June party! I wonder if you’ll get lucky and find stuff on sale…was pondering when it all went on sale yesterday…of course, I’d never be able to keep track for four years (when my next one will graduate). Hope you’re having a terrific Tuesday so far!

4. Shellie

I love, love, loved your bird pitures!!! I love bird watching! I hope you have an amazing week and faound all you needed for the graduation party!

Thank you! I love bird watching as well. My dad used to feed the birds (and yell at the squirrels). I have his old bird books so it always makes me think of him when I see all the birds. Hope you have a great week!

Thank you! I think I have almost everything, still need to find more pictures (we found some on to quote my youngest son…”Is that a floppy disk?” Not sure what we’ll do with those or what they even are…may not be of my son) and make my display board. Hope you have a great week as well!

Yes, it is a busy list. Trying to take my time and plug away at it a little each day this week. Thanks, hope you had a great Monday as well and are now having a terrific Tuesday!

Hey Sweetie!
    Sending you big Mom wishes for strength for all the crazy days ahead! I feel your pain. Lol I actually was lucky and scored some perfect graduation things at the dollar store of all places – that happened to be perfectly in Aaron’s school colors

I love all the bird pics – starting to look like my northwoods around there. Ha! Hope your Spring weather returns soon!! Blessings on your week

Thank you! I know you get it. Don’t mind me, the lady crying in the middle of the Sam’s Club chip aisle because my “baby” is graduating. We got quite a few things at the Dollar Tree as well. Our school colors are red/blue so it’s easy to find stuff in those with Memorial Day & Fourth of July around the corner. Oh, I’d love it if it looked like your northwoods around here, so pretty! You can keep the bears though 😉 It’s nicer out today with actual sunshine and maybe even no need for a jacket weather. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Thank you! I always enjoy myself at Hobby Lobby pretending I’m a person who can actually make things. Actually, I found some fun musically themed wall art for my youngest son’s bedroom should we ever get him on board with re-doing his room. Hope you’ve had a great Tuesday so far!

6. Rebecca L Knox

I’m running behind again this week, Jean! Hope you found all the graduation stuff you were looking for and CONGRATULATIONS to your graduate! Love the pictures of the red-headed woodpecker! BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you’re having a great week and that all is going smoothly for you! Blessings, my friend! <3

Thank you! Still finding stuff, party is this weekend and then, I think I’ll be able to breathe a little bit (maybe). Hope you’re having a great weekend and I know you’ve been super busy as well so hope you are finding some time to relax.