Missed this post last week. There’s a draft of it written but it didn’t ever make it to the push publish button. Busy times but I’m still grateful.
Consider this a combined list….
Outside in Nature
- Beautiful flowers to welcome spring and summer, both the ones I bought and the surprise yellow ones
- The mighty oak tree which serves as a home to all kinds of lovely birds and gives us shade in the summer.
- The wonderful variety of birds I see each day: house finches, chickadees, cardinals, blue jays, woodpeckers, nuthatches, and even those annoying grackles
- Gorgeous sunny spring days and thunderstorms (so I don’t have to remember to water my flowers)
- A big chaotic backyard
Just This Morning
- My non-morning person son who woke up cheerful! And shared the fun video posted above with me.
- My husband who does the laundry when I get sidetracked and completely focused only on all things graduation
- Feeling like an adult while eating this for breakfast. Forgot I liked Raisin Bran!
- A quiet house that no longer smells of onion (see yesterday’s post) with windows open.
- A few minutes to write a post on my gratitude (Another name for a few minutes might be procrastination….)
And A Few Random Items (Some Carried Over From My Unpublished Post)
- The lovely scent of these candles. The one on the left, a gift for teacher appreciation. So let’s add in here being appreciated as a substitute teacher! And the one on the right, a birthday gift from J, saved it until summer as it’s a beach type scent.
- Finding candy with *blue* wrappers that was not disgusting and on sale!
- My messy kitchen table with life in progress
- Making new friends in the course of planning an ending to our kids’ high school days
- Old friends who text you important papers containing graduation information (because they are still kids….what paper? I gave it to you! Um, no…you did not. SIGH)
- Technology! I’m not always a fan of the cell phones but they do provide a nice quick communication tool.
- Knowing myself well enough to not get too upset over failed eating plans. Realizing a super stressful 2 weeks before graduation may not have been the ideal time to try completely changing my eating habits.
What things are you grateful for today?
Linking up to I Like Thursdays hosted by LeeAnna over at Not Afraid Of Color. Go check it out!