I know I’ve been only posting my Happy Homemaker Monday posts for a few weeks. However, I’ve still been taking some time to be grateful for all the small blessings during the day-to-day of this busy season. I’ve just not been writing it down in blog posts choosing to prioritize other things during my slower moments of the day.
Looking back I see I’ve not posted a gratitude list since May 2! A quiet, rainy Sunday morning seems like a good time to share one again.
- The vast variety of birds (and sometimes other creatures) I see in my own yard despite living in a somewhat urban area
- Loving my job, makes it much easier to be there a lot and deal with the very occasional bad day
- Friendships, both old and new, on-line and in “real” life
- Finding a good book on the library shelf
- Time spent with family
- A rare “yes” from J in agreeing to walk around the block with me
- Pretty summer wildflowers to make a bouquet for the kitchen table
- My hardworking husband
- G’s help in getting his brother to and from the 3 day band camp while I worked
- The 3 day band camp switching to a 2 day camp
- A surprise refund check for the minute clinic (thought for sure I’d forgotten to pay a bill)
- Our sweet little gray cat, who keeps us on our toes and sleeps on the deck chairs while the birds eat at the feeders beside her.
- Quiet, rainy Sunday mornings to catch my breath and recharge
- A slower week (maybe?) on the horizon
I’ve had other items flit through my head during the last month, however, I didn’t stop to write them down. Stopping this post now to go fold the final (for now) basket of laundry and watch my outdoor birds.
What things are you grateful for today?