Happy Homemaker Monday, School Starts This Week!

So strange to type that. Where or where did my summer go? I feel like I missed it somehow.

Getting a bit of a later start today as G and I were talking quite a bit this morning. He’s having some pretty serious anxiety and second thoughts on going off to college.

He leaves (maybe) on Friday or Saturday to move in to his dorm.  Kind of wish it would have all come up before I spent yesterday washing all the towels, sheets, etc we bought for him to take down there.

Of course, he also didn’t get any sleep and is now (thankfully) asleep in his room. I’m kind of at a loss about it all at this point. Not even sure what to say or do.

J’s going to be a high school freshman and if he’s having any worries about it, I’ve not heard about them. Of course, he’s not enthused about school in general (though super smart/yes I’m biased as his mom but it’s true). He will get to start all his days with his favorite class now (band).

Decided between attempting to clean the house a bit and do more laundry, to just focus on the normal things. So that would mean putting up a Happy Homemaker Monday post to link up over at Diary of A Stay At Home Mom.

The news says a heat advisory starting at 1 PM today but really it’s not felt terrible out there. It was hotter last night at 10 than it is right now. Of course, I’ll probably be saying something different after I wait the proverbial 5 minutes. It’s supposed to be hot the rest of the week and maybe rain later. Typical stuff.

On My Breakfast Plate

Since both boys and I were all awake, I went ahead and made sausage and biscuits. Sorry, no gravy as none of us like that except my husband.

Right Now I Am

Working on this post and thinking way too much about things probably.

On My Bedside Table

a random library book, the same box of Ziploc space saver bags, some clothes

I did a bit of binge-reading last week. Is that a thing? I read: Educated by Tara Westover, The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin, Trophy Life by Lea Geller, Päntsdrunk (Kalsarikänni): The Finnish Path to Relaxation by Miska Rantanen, The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms, and Lying Next To Me by Gregg Olsen.

I reviewed a few (not all) of them on my Goodreads profile if you’re interested in what I thought.

Movies Or Shows I Watched This Weekend

D.C. Legends of Tomorrow was my Netflix laundry show and about the only thing I really watched.

On My TV This Week

Not too sure.

On The Menu This Week

This may all change after a grocery store trip tonight or tomorrow.

MONDAY: Spaghetti

TUESDAY:  Rotisserie Chicken and Salad *First Day of School for J*

WEDNESDAY: Maybe pork chops

THURSDAY: Fish in the air fryer maybe *J has evening band camp starting at 5:30* *I work 1-4*

FRIDAY: Pork chops? Not sure

On My To Do List

1. Pay Bills
  2. Clean House
  3. Locate 2 library books I thought I returned but they say I did not
  4. Grocery store
  5. Whatever I’m forgetting

Looking Forward To

Marching Band season and watching my youngest son out there on the field.

What I’m Wearing Today

striped tee-shirt and jean shorts, slide sandals.

One Of My Simple Pleasures

Catching up with friends over a cup of coffee

If you must look back, do so forgivingly. If you must look forward, do so prayerfully. However, the wisest thing you can do is be present in the present…Gratefully. (Maya Angelou)

******

What are your plans for the week ahead?

18 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, School Starts This Week!

Thank you! Things seem better this morning although I don’t think our fall is going to be anything at all like I pictured it (in regards to my kids). Things always seem to work themselves out though never how we picture them, huh? Or is that just me? Nothing to do but pray and have faith this is the right thing. Summer? What Summer? Of course, with all our rain alternating with crazy heat…I’m even ready for fall weather. Hope your Tuesday is off to a terrific start!

oh the quote… I waste time looking back, then worrying ahead. The summer has been here in spades. If you’d like some I might put it in a flame proof container and send it to you. LeeAnna

That’s why the quote caught my eye as I’m guilty of the same thing. Yes, please send me some summer. Can I take a delayed order for the end of December? Ha! Hope you are having a great week so far!

I never did marching band but boy did I gain an appreciation of how much work goes into it all watching my oldest do it for his four years of high school. Hope you are having a great week so far.

Sending positive thoughts to both your boys for the beginning of a new school year (with lots of changes!)
    Lovely pictures. Have a great week

Thank you! Just saw where I put school started today (scared me) for my youngest but it actually starts tomorrow. Whew! Thought for a minute we didn’t go on the first day, LOL. Hope you are having a great week so far.

3. Rachel

So sorry your son is having doubts about college. I remembered that I was scared to death of going to college and was second guessing myself that first semester. Then I kind of found my rhythm… Maybe he is just having some nervousness? I pray that things become clear and that you and he gain peace with whatever happens.

School starts for my kiddos next week. Seems like once August hit time sped up very quickly! LOL

Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Thanks. He’s really just rethinking his choice and debating going to the local community college to start but I do think nerves are playing a part of it all. I guess whatever happens will be what was meant to be. Glad I took this week (mostly) off work so I could be here to listen. Hope you & your kiddos are enjoying the last bits of your summer break this week!

Hello Dear Jean!

This summer sure did go by in a blur. I’m clinging to the final weeks of it, although I’m getting a little excited for Fall too.
    I”m SO sorry to hear your son is feeling anxiety and not sure what he wants to do. It’s such a huge transition. Saying prayers the right answers come to where he belongs in this next chapter. Maybe it’s worth him at least giving it a try so he’ll know for sure instead of just deciding against it? My heart goes out to you MamaBear. Tough stuff – again prayers!
    Love your photos as always. That kitty has a twinkle in its eye Blessings to you. xoxo

I’m even getting a little excited for fall over here. Thanks for the prayers. He’s figured out everything he wants to do (regarding colleges) and while it’s not the path I had planned for in my head, I do think it’s the right path for him. Hope you are having a great weekend so far.

Greetings, Jean! As you can see, I’m running a bit behind this week…but, hey! I’m here! LOL! You’re right, this summer has been a blur! And I don’t even have children at home anymore! I will be glad when fall gets here though, because I’m tired of this hot weather! Today was great…cool and rainy…but the hot is supposed to return tomorrow. I love your pics…especially of the woodpecker! Hope your week has gone well and that your weekend is off to a great start! Blessings, my friend! <3
    Rebecca Knox recently posted..Tuesday 4 Meme – Diet? What diet?My Profile

We had another bit of a fall preview morning. I have to admit to actually looking forward to fall and hoping it doesn’t fly by quite as fast as this summer did. It’s been quite the week around here (not bad just busy and full of changes). Hope you are finishing up a wonderful weekend!

I think we’re all a bit late this week – just been busy! I started so early and then got behind fast.

I absolutely adore your pictures this week, especially the bird! I hope your son has calmed down. Going off to college can be so daunting. See you tomorrow my friend. Hope you’ve had a GREAT weekend.

7. Deanna

Awwww. I hope at this point G is enjoying college!
    Jenna left a couple of weekends ago. It helps me that she is only a 40 minute drive. I’m not sure if she would have any questions if she were further away. We saw her the following day after we dropped her off, and then again the next day as well because it was my birthday, and she requested we go have breakfast with her. We also walked her classes with her. Then we saw her again just this past weekend, both days actually, with one day us going out shopping for clothing for her, and her coming home (to do some laundry, which I finished for her) and we brought back the following day because we purchased a refrigerator/freezer for her and to take her grocery shopping. Her roommate and she were going to share a refrigerator, but once I looked at the roommate’s refrigerator, while she didn’t have it jam packed, it certainly was not enough space for two girls who intend to mostly eat their own food to keep a good stock, especially if we want to have two weeks (at least) in between getting together. It’s not that I don’t want to see her, it’s that I want her to have her life. I think she appreciates it. We’ll see her again this coming weekend, for a couple of nights actually, due to a funeral. Not sure she would be coming home otherwise though. She’s enjoying it. We had her do the hi team, which is a group of kids that helps other kids move in, and there were activities and bonding, and getting to know the college on a smaller scale. I think it worked out for the best all around. If the college offers that where you live, I highly recommend it for J, and possibly even G next year.

Glad it’s going so well for Jenna! Where is she going? (You can message/email me if you don’t want it in the public comments on here). He seems to be enjoying it. This is the second week. Forty minutes away isn’t bad, we have kids here who commute further than that although I bet she’s loving living on the campus. Sorry that it’s a funeral that’s bringing you all together this weekend.