Happy Homemaker Monday, Where Did Last Week Go?

Didn’t mean to miss a week of posting. However, I was sick and busy last week. Not a great combination. I can vaguely recall my mom used to say something like “no rest for the wicked.”

Between having some sort of cold/sinus thing going on, working, and running my high school freshman to activities, something (blogging) had to go. However, I’m back to about 94% today so let’s plan hopefully, a less busy week ahead.

Linking up as always with Sandra, our host of Happy Homemaker Monday, over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Proper fall, chilly nights and mornings but a bit warmer in the afternoons. It’s 45 degrees this morning and supposed to be 72 this afternoon. Lots of sun during the week with chances of rain over the weekend (of course).

I’m between books but did manage to read two books during the last 2 weeks, Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and What You Did by Claire McGowan. My reviews of both books are on Goodreads if you’re interested.

On My TV

Finished watching Mr. Robot and discovered Mindhunter on Netflix (might need to read the book on that one). Also, watching my usual series, The Flash, Seal Team, and God Friended Me.

On My Menu

The freezer saved us last week! Still need to clean out the basement one a bit and organize the upstairs one.

MONDAY:  BLT’s (using last red tomato from garden), french fries *I work 1:30-3:45* *J has a baritone lesson at 630*

TUESDAY: Chicken taco salad/maybe enchiladas (using cooked chicken in freezer) *I work 1:00-3:45* *J has early morning band* *Parent/Teacher conferences & Bunco night*

WEDNESDAY:  Chicken apple sausages & cabbage *J has early morning band*

THURSDAY:  Fish/shrimp/baked potatoes *J has evening band*

FRIDAY: OUT *Football game* *No school for J*

On My To Do List

1. Argue with library (I KNOW I returned a book they say I lost; second time this has happened to me, getting a bit old)
  2. Pay bills
  3. Catch up on last week’s to do list
  4. Put away most of my summer clothes
  5. Practice more with new camera

Looking Around The House

Looks like we were gone all day Saturday (band competition) and too tired to take care of anything on Sunday. Needs lots of attention.

I’m struggling with this interim camera and very much missing my Nikon. Especially the zoom function. Hoping to have time to watch a tutorial on it this week.

and all at once, summer collapsed into fall. (Oscar Wilde)

************

What’s on your agenda for the week ahead?

20 thoughts on “Happy Homemaker Monday, Where Did Last Week Go?

Glad you’re feeling better, hope you return to 100% soon. It so hard to get used to a new camera – good luck with that. I LOVE my Nikon too and don’t think I’d do well with anything else either. Great shots though! I’ve been cleaning out the freezer too trying to get to the bottom and be able to start fresh. Have a WONDERFUL week!

2. Pamela

Glad you’re feeling better, take it slowly so you get back up to 100%. I remember those days with my high school freshman, it seemed like I lived behind the wheel of the car. Choir practices were endless and then it was back and forth to the stables constantly. I wouldn’t trade it for anything, though, and often wish those days were back again.

Thank you. Yes, I’m bad about not waiting until I feel better to get back to things. Band practices are just about over for the year and I’m a bit sad as it’s gone really fast (though I won’t miss getting up at 5:00 AM).

Thank you! I think it’s why this stuff lingers for me, no time to rest properly. Looked at the Cannon cameras but I’m too happy with my Nikon to bother switching. Not too thrilled with this smaller Sony at all.

Thank you! Yes, I think the weather ping ponging back and forth between hot and cold doesn’t help any of us. Hope you’re having a great Tuesday so far!

3. Shellie

Glad to hear your back to at 94% ! I will be praying your back to 100% by weeks end. Loved your quote ! I pray you have a blessed week ahead! Hope it’s not as busy…

Thank you! This week is mostly half-days of work so not as busy at all. Still looking forward to a full day off tomorrow though 🙂 Hope you have a great week!

4. Jodi

I know the struggles of a new camera…. I so miss my Canon… the Nikon I chose I just can’t figure it out… I now wish I would have just went with my gut and got another Canon… so the Nikon one just sits, haven’t touched it in a very long time. I should try and sell it. Have a great week!

Sorry the Nikon isn’t working for you. From what I read (did a little Nikon vs Canon research while deciding on my next one), it’s mostly just personal preference. I watched a Tony Northup You-Tube tutorial when I first got my Nikon that really helped me (he does all different brands of cameras, I think). Might help. Hope you have a wonderful week!

5. Schotzy

Praise God you are getting back into the swing.. It’s rough ot feel bad anytime, but this always seems like a busy time of year… Be happy you can understand yuur camera manual.. I just had to gradually learn from hit or miss. I am NOT a techincal reader at all!!! Have a great end of this week!!!

Yes, and I always seem to come down with something around this time of year. Really appreciating that I feel good this morning. Oh, ha, my camera didn’t even come with a manual. Just a tiny piece of paper that helped me figure out how to load the SD card and charge it. Still working on figuring the rest out. Hope you are in the middle of a great week!

Sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well, Jean, and hope that you’re at 100% now. As you can see, I’m running a week behind, but, hopefully, I will see you again tomorrow. Am soooo glad we’re going into late fall and winter. It’s the slowest time of the year here. See you again soon! <3

Thank you. Feeling back to myself this week finally. Running behind over here as well. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!