I need a Follow Through Friday today. Anyone else? It seems so much gets put on hold as we try to adjust to the new school year around here.
Sunday is going to be a busy day for me as I will have a lot going on with a baby shower brunch and a book club meeting to attend. Why does everything always fall on the same day? The boys are excited as the activities are just for me so they get to stay home. Don’t tell them but I’m pretty excited about that fact as well.
Even though it’s Friday and I should be feeling a bit relieved, I’m also feeling a bit overwhelmed about all the things I postponed this week. Doesn’t postponed sound better than shrugged my shoulders and procrastinated? As usual, my list could easily contain one-hundred items but I’m narrowing it down to three.
My three items for Follow Through Friday:
- Pay the car payment. Oops, this is an important one! The bill came one day after I’d paid all the other bills. All week, I’ve been thinking “Oh, I need to do that before next Monday.” I don’t know why I can’t seem to accomplish this tiny five-minute activity.
- Go clothes shopping for my boys as well as get a baby shower gift. I’ve been stuck in stay at home mode all week but now I must go today or deal with the even larger weekend crowds tomorrow.
- Come up with (NEW) plan for getting rid of ants in the pantry. We’ve been battling these ants for two solid weeks now. Nothing is working. It is very frustrating. We had a day without them but they returned. I do think these may be a new kind, cousins to the sugar ants as they are skipping the sugar and going for the crackers…I even think somewhere in my blog archived we’ve previously battled this kind of ant so perhaps the answers are hidden on here.
Now it’s your turn:
What have you been putting off this week? Do you have a few items that need follow through? I’d love some company as I go about crossing these task off my lists. Tell me in the comments what you plan to accomplish today?
It is time for the return of Follow Through Friday! I have to start checking items off my never-ending to-do list. Now that Christmas is almost upon us, I seem to be adding more items the list than I’ve been subtracting from it. It makes for a rather unbalanced list. Does anyone else out there need a day to focus on getting some of their tasks done?
Yesterday, I spent part of my morning cleaning the house Flylady style 15 minutes at a time but to add an element of fun to my otherwise rather boring task, I added a 15 minutes of Christmas-related tasks into the rotation. So, in that spirit, I’m going to add a 4th Christmas-related item to my regular 3 Follow Through Friday tasks.
Here is my Follow Through Friday list for today:
- Spend 15 minutes (at least) in each room of the house gathering items for the charity pick up truck that is coming tomorrow.
- Go to the Dollar Tree and get a document frame. The sad thing about this list item is that I was just in the store on Wednesday and completely forgot to pick up the one thing I entered the store to get in the first place. I’m not looking forward to the return trip since the store was super busy on Wednesday so I already know the craziness I’m going to encounter for a second time.
- Clean off the computer desk. I think this is a permanent item on my list.
- My Christmas related item: Clean out and condense our Christmas bins. I started on this yesterday but didn’t get very far. I’m hoping to add some of our Christmas things to the charity collection items but I struggle with giving away holiday decor even if we don’t have anywhere to display it.
Other random tasks I’m hoping to finish today include getting a few birthday cards purchased and maybe Christmas cards as well (I haven’t lost hope that this might be the Christmas that I actually send the cards!), making a Christmas shopping list (I have a rough draft but I need to finalize it), and just for fun….actually finishing the laundry!
What do you plan to finish today? Let us know in the comments!