I worked the first two days of the week. On Tuesday, I had to be there at 7:15 AM. As one who much prefers leisurely mornings, this is a bit early! Not much time for leisure when you need to be somewhere by 7:15. However, a beautiful sunrise is a great reward for leaving the house in the predawn hours.
Yes, I took the photo while driving (do as I say and not as I do. Don’t take photos while driving!). And through a somewhat dirty windshield. Seemed like a perfect start to my gratitude list for the week.
Gratitude For Beautiful Mornings
- Being awake to see such an amazing sunrise
- Having time to take my “shortcut” through the park to enjoy my moment of nature
- A peaceful, quiet drive so I could safely take the photos (later in the morning, my “shortcut” gets a bit busy)
- Seeing a second gorgeous sunrise from own front door again yesterday!
- Time to grab the “real” camera and play with the settings.
Bright, Sunshine-y Days (Sing along with me?)
- Spring flowers springing up every where! Every year in the middle of the yard. However, I’ve made my peace with the little blue flowers and random crocus heralding the start of the season.
- The return of my peonies. Every year, I think it’s a goner. And every year, it surprises me.
- A little gray cat who makes me laugh as she stretches in the sunshine and teases the Airedale next door (from a safe distance).
- The start of baseball season!
- Living in a city with this beautiful stadium. And knowing everywhere I go today, I’ll likely see most people dressed in blue. (Yes, I’m wearing my Royals tee-shirt for opening day)
A Few Random Items Of Gratitude To End My Post
Or I guess I could title this sub heading, I didn’t take any night photos? Ha!
- Being included!
- The wonderful laugh this college flyer gave me. Came for my high school senior in Saturday’s mail. They’ve apparently achieved time travel! Check the date on the photo up there. Proofreading matters.
- Blog readers who forgive my grammar errors (I do proofread but I’m sure I miss things).
- Amazon adding season 2 of my all-time favorite show (Fringe) to Prime! Season 2 contains one of the best episodes of the series entitled White Tulip.
- Spring break! Abbreviated because of our one million (felt like it) snow days. However, it’s still a break!
What things did you put on your gratitude list this week?
Be sure to hop on over to the Not Afraid Of Color blog where LeeAnna hosts the I Like Thursdays blog link up party each week.