Spring break looks a bit different when the kids become teenagers. My boys would be fine if we did not a thing all week-long. They’d be happy simply staying up late, sleeping in late, and playing video games and watching television (read YouTube) non-stop.
However, it’s my spring break next week as well and I want to spend some time with them doing a few other things. I thought it would be fun to simply write a post on my spring break brainstorming of activities.
Lots of these will be food related, teenage boys = almost everything agreeable must be food related! These ideas are mine but I’m sure the boys will have a few of their own as well.
- Walking at local nature center trails
- Maybe a day trip somewhere (so I guess that would be a “in the car” thing)
- Sculpture garden at Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery
- Walking around Plaza
- I think the Royals home opener falls during our Spring break? Need to check.
FOOD PLACES TO GO:
- Steak and Shake
- Art gallery or plaza and lunch at Winsteads (one of G’s favorite restaurants)
- New local business that serves cookie dough like ice cream
- Snow cones! (one J’s favorite things, he’d go in the winter if they were open)
- Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery (There’s a display I really want to see and think the boys would also enjoy)
- A Walk Down Memory Lane in a Toys R US before they close for good
- Maybe indoor swimming
- Movies (I’m adding a separate heading with all the movies we need to see)
- Bowling and/or laser tag (with friends)
- Top Golf and/or visit an arcade somewhere
AT HOME THINGS:
- Sort Through Books (Planning to sell/donate some books to Half-Price Books)
- Clean out some cabinets (This is for me, not something for the boys…)
- Board games
- Video games
- Cooking (I do need to use some of the week to prepare for Easter Brunch)
Do I think we’ll do all of these things? Nope. It’s nice to have a few ideas for how we might spend our days though.
My plan for tonight is to ask the boys their input for ideas on what they want to do during the week. I also plan to make a few “guidelines” so it won’t be complete chaos around here when Easter arrives.
Do you get a spring break? How do you spend your time during breaks?